Cbr250R After Market Mirrors?

TylerBKK

I have seen lots of nice looking and inexpensive after market mirrors floating around in Thailand for the CBR250R. I would love to change mine to some that don't stick out as far as the stock ones, but I am worried that the aftermarket ones might be junk and/or I might lose a lot of mirror visibility. Does anyone have any recommendations on mirrors perhaps?

If they don't stick out as much then you will no doubt lose some visibility. I've had some that vibrated alot so you couldnt see anything anyway. Others couldnt handle the wind speed when over 120 and would just fold in. (There was not screw to tighten) I'm happy with the ones i have now. They look good and are pretty stable. Sort of diamond shaped, I got them from Brian at Sumet cycle. Ask him, I'm sure he knows the ones I'm talking about.

They sound familiar. Thanks. I think I saw them on a web site for around 700 Baht. Is that around what you paid for them? And are they stable, no rattle, and decent visibility?

I'd be happy to get them from Brian as well. Where is his shop exactly and/or does he offer mail order?

Cheers

Yeah, with after market mirrors, you usually get what you pay for. The cheaper ones seem to shake more and come looser more easily than the expensive ones. I've seen mirrors as cheap as 300 and as expensive as 4,000. We do have some nice diamond shaped mirrors here for only 700 baht. They are well made and very stable, but they have to be adjusted just right to be able to see anything.

Edited by SumetCycle
  • Like 1

Sounds good. How easy are they to install? Can the original ones be removed and the diamond shaped ones be put on with just a screwdriver? I haven't looked how they are fastened to the bike? Also, of I decide later I want the original ones to be out back on is that possible, meaning the new ones won't change the mounts I assume? Lastly, I imagine they don't stick out nearly as much as the original ones. So probably much easier to weave through traffic?

Sounds good. How easy are they to install? Can the original ones be removed and the diamond shaped ones be put on with just a screwdriver? I haven't looked how they are fastened to the bike? Also, of I decide later I want the original ones to be out back on is that possible, meaning the new ones won't change the mounts I assume? Lastly, I imagine they don't stick out nearly as much as the original ones. So probably much easier to weave through traffic?

It only takes a couple of wrenches and a hex key to install them. The mounts will be original, so you can easily put the stock mirrors back. Some of my customers use the small mirrors in the city and switch back to stock for tours. They make weaving through traffic a breeze.