Ais Or True For 3G ?

FiFtHeLeMeNt

Hello everyone :)

I am coming to pattaya tomorrow and I need to know which company offers the best 3G service in terms of quality and speed in pattaya, because internet is essential for my job and I need to be available all the time.

Thank you for your fast replies.

Hi guys, same here, will be in Pattaya soon and will be bringing laptop. Looking for 3G wireless, will be staying in Soi Arunothai. Which company for that area and how much is it? 800 for a Month? Thanks

i used to be AIS but now i am True 3G H everything

i think its a better product with greater coverage

Are you satisfied with the speeds and connection? Does it work well in most areas? What would it cost me to walk into a store buy a USB dongle and a Months connection? Thanks.

All three mobile operators have 3G in Pattaya, with Dtac being the latest entry.

For all of them, you just buy a prepaid simcard (around 50 - 100 Baht), load funds on it and subscribe to an internet package by dialing the appropriate code.

For happy Dtac:

http://www.happy.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=333&Itemid=368〈=en

For True-H

http://www3.truecorp.co.th/truemoveh/packagedetail/79

One2call

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/simcard-one2call-netsim-3G.html

Both one2call and true-H have very good coverage, not sure on Dtac as they started recently, but full signal for me just outside of Pattaya.

Regarding true, make sure to get the True-H and not the regular True simcard (probably iphone sim is the best), as coverage/speed for True-H is much better.

All providers have a data-cap depending on which package you take (1 Gb, 3Gb, 5Gb), once you go over your data allotment, fair use speed comes into play, where at the moment Dtac and AIS (on their bigger packages) limit you to 384 kbps, and true-H to 128 Kbps.

Speeds for all providers vary on your location, time of day and load of the cell tower you happen to be connected to, but for me mostly averages between 1 and 3 Mbps. This is ouskirts of Pattaya, as far as 15 km inland. Very little first hand experience in the center of town as hardly go there, but on my PDA it seems to be just as good in the center...

Upload tends to be as fast as download (so much faster then ADSL).

If connectivity is very important, and money not an issue to get it, then go for 2 sims, as on all systems I have used (all 3 of them) I have had regular outages (connected, but no data flow, simly can't connect, very slow, etc).

i used to be AIS but now i am True 3G H everything

i think its a better product with greater coverage

Are you satisfied with the speeds and connection? Does it work well in most areas? What would it cost me to walk into a store buy a USB dongle and a Months connection? Thanks.

yes very happy with speeds

sim is 99 bant

dongle is 1360

1 month with 1G download limit is 350

go to true office near Tukcom next to Kasikorn bank on Pattaya Thai

they will fix you up

If connectivity is very important, and money not an issue to get it, then go for 2 sims, as on all systems I have used (all 3 of them) I have had regular outages (connected, but no data flow, simly can't connect, very slow, etc).

yes very happy with speeds

sim is 99 bant

dongle is 1360

1 month with 1G download limit is 350

go to true office near Tukcom next to Kasikorn bank on Pattaya Thai

they will fix you up

I appreciate the input guys. I'm really glad Pattaya has decent wireless happening these days, cheers.smile.png

My internet cable was struck by lightning and was down all during Songkran, I purchased an unlimited use for one month AIS sim for B850 also as back up a DTAC dongle with unlimited for one month sim for 1300 baht, the DTAC unlimited one month sim alone is 400 baht.