Is It Safe And Good To Book At Cheaptickets.Co.Th?

tubehero

Dear all,

I used skyscanner.net to find tickets from London to Bangkok next year.

According to the search result, the best deal for me is one from cheaptickets.co.th.

I have never used this site before.

Do you have any advice?

Thank you.

google "cheaptickets.co.th review". One site has some pretty bad things to say. With that being said, I try to use these sites to find good deals and then go to the airlines site directly to actually book the ticket. Sometimes you'll find the exact same price. Sometimes it'll be pretty darn close. Rarely have I not been able to come close to duplicating their price, unless they are doing a multi airline ticket.

I've had problems with sites like these in the past (Expedia, Orbitz) and decided never to book via them again. Customer service can be lacking. The biggest problems arise when you are 1/2 way into your trip and something comes up. Hard to call Expedia when you are in the Beijing airport trying to find another flight because yours was cancelled, and you're dealing with 2 different airlines.

google "cheaptickets.co.th review". One site has some pretty bad things to say. With that being said, I try to use these sites to find good deals and then go to the airlines site directly to actually book the ticket. Sometimes you'll find the exact same price. Sometimes it'll be pretty darn close. Rarely have I not been able to come close to duplicating their price, unless they are doing a multi airline ticket.

I've had problems with sites like these in the past (Expedia, Orbitz) and decided never to book via them again. Customer service can be lacking. The biggest problems arise when you are 1/2 way into your trip and something comes up. Hard to call Expedia when you are in the Beijing airport trying to find another flight because yours was cancelled, and you're dealing with 2 different airlines.

Yes, this has been a problem for me as well, both Expedia and Orbitz, no way to really contact them except email and they are very very corporate in their responses, i.e. they say nothing using many words. I was delayed by weather in Korea last year for almost 12 hours, so missed my domestic flights in the US. Korean Air rebooked me, for the first leg, but not for the other two legs, and Expedia never informed me that they had cancelled my flights as a "no show" and refused to do anything about it. I didn't know until I showed up for my next flight three weeks later, and never once received an email or phone call from them. I had to rebook and repay for those other two flights. Next time I buy insurance.

Multi destination bookings are a problem anywhere these days since the rules about changing tickets have tightened up so much. I think all you can really do is find the best fare, and then purchase travel or cancellation insurance to make sure you can at least get your money back if you're delayed and the airlines take no responsibility (or the agent.)

Remember, getting "whats advertised" and "whats available" when you actually go to book is not necessarily the same thing.

I would always go direct to the Airline.

And you are more likley to get your air miles going direct.