Real Estate Related Forms In Translation

There are a fairly limited number of forms dealing with real estate in Thailand. These include the various deeds, contracts of sale, short-term and long-term leases, etc. Most of these have been translated into English, but no central depository seems to exist. Many of us have a form or two together with translations. We can easily black out identifying details, scan and attach both the Thai forms and the translations. In this way, we would be doing ourselves and others a tremendous favor. The alternative is dealing with these vultures who charge 85 dollars on line for a translation of a single form (often questionable quality) they may well not even have translated themselves. Naturally, the thread should prominently bear the caveat that we do not attest to the accuracy of the translations, but are doing this merely as a service. I would be glad to transcribe the translations as Word files.

Edited by Larry

what a sales pitch."vultures"

I thought I was giving a good suggestion that would hlep lots of people buying or renting property in Thailand. I never dreamed someone would characterize my suggestion as a "sales pitch". I am neither a broker nor in the process of buying property, so I don't know how I would gain more than anyone else. As to people who take a questionable translation and sell it on line, sight unseen, I could have thought of other animals than vultures, I guess. Pig comes to mind.

A friend of mine once cautioned me in my youth, saying "no good deed goes unpunsihed". Despite this, I've tried to live my life as if this were not the case. Comments such as the one I quoted make me feel my friend may have been right.

Have a good day.