Carpet Beater

As the title says, I am after one of these Bamboo whatseethings that look like a big tennis racket, that you beat carpet rugs with.

No smart remarks please I 'm sick of my wife using my head for this purpose.

• Like 1

I think they are called Mattetklopper and I'm sure the other half will know what I'm talking about. May have to import one from Holland.clap2.gifbiggrin.pnggiggle.gif

Smarty rolleyes.gif I'm sure I have seen them somewhere in Thailand.

People still use these kinds of things?

I think the last time i saw one in use was like 35 years ago when my grandma beat the hell out of her carpets in the yard.

Think she had one maded out of willow wood but here is a recipe to make one out of a gardenhose and a wooden handle.

Get to work :)

http://www.ehow.com/how_7855034_make-carpet-beater.html

That went through my mind too..... biggrin.png plug a vacuum into the socket! thumbsup.gif

If you cannot find one of these things, and really want to beat your carpet, tie three pieces of 1/2 inch hose together and whack away! whistling.gif Use duck tape to make the handle!

There's a carpet cleaning place in Nanton???? Where?

Between

electic

&

Nanton

I am now confused.

Who said anything about cleaning carpets? I just want to buy one of them, perhaps I have a fetish.

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Sure it's not one of these Roo

post-145739-0-08090100-1335018241.jpg

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

I think they are called Mattetklopper and I'm sure the other half will know what I'm talking about. May have to import one from Holland.clap2.gifbiggrin.pnggiggle.gif

Smarty rolleyes.gif I'm sure I have seen them somewhere in Thailand.

Yep - every Mattetklopperhaus sells them.

R

• Like 1

That went through my mind too..... biggrin.png plug a vacuum into the socket! thumbsup.gif

If you cannot find one of these things, and really want to beat your carpet, tie three pieces of 1/2 inch hose together and whack away! whistling.gif Use duck tape to make the handle!

Jimbo - shame on you!

Penguin tape is better better better, penguin tape is best!

penguin-002.gif

R

Jimbo - shame on you!

Penguin tape is better better better, penguin tape is best!

penguin-002.gif

R

Penguin tape eh??? where does one find that? ermm.gif Knowing minds want to know......tongue.pngbiggrin.png man oh man..... things are too quiet on Samui! coffee1.gif

Guess we had better not ask what the purpose for the carpet beater is for! rolleyes.gif

Rooo if you haven't found one in a while i can bring one from Denmark when we come to Samui on Vacation July 2-22 if you still need one and is on the island that period.

Found a few places where they are for sale here.

Apperantly your "fetisch" is widely spread ;)

Thank you for the offer Virt, but I would not impose on you. I have seen them in Thailand, driving to Bangkok next week, will pick one up.

Thank you again.