Saying Hello To Low Season Weather?

grumpyoldman

Is that it for high season weather for this year? Seems a bit early, no?

Good news/bad news I suppose, good news;it seemed like we didn't have so many of those completely scorching March/April days, bad news;"who'll stop the rain" guitar.gif

Here ya go Mr. Callen, just what the Dr. ordered.

Very Hot and humid lately.

Hot, where are you?

With a temperature of 30 degrees, and humidity of 94%, that gives a heat index ('feels like') of 117. Guideline for this is; "Danger - sunstroke, muscle cramps and / or heat exhaustion likely".

Still think that's not hot?

I like the low season weather still plenty of sunny days

and not so many tourists,and less traffic

There you go grumpyoldman

I agree 100% - always travel in low season - not crowded, airticket low price and as well hotels low price.

Very Hot and humid lately.

Hot, where are you?

With a temperature of 30 degrees, and humidity of 94%, that gives a heat index ('feels like') of 117. Guideline for this is; "Danger - sunstroke, muscle cramps and / or heat exhaustion likely".

Still think that's not hot?

No, does not feel hot at all.

Seaeagle - heat stroke? On a day like today? Are you sure we are talking about the same Phuket?

Yeh, that's what I was thinking. I thought it a was slightly chilly yesterday. Even turned off the ceiling fan. And today is not very warm. (yes, I am talking in relative terms)

absolutely, if i was to get out of phuket any time of year it would be high season.

the low traffic may be because schools are out at the moment

The response was made to how241's post where the key word was 'lately'.

To clarify for you, that doesn't mean today. The weather today has been marvellous - just like July, August and September which are my favourite months here.

Yes, and yesterday, so today when you wrote, was the day with 30 degrees centigrade and 94% humidity, so in your opinion "Danger - sunstroke, muscle cramps and / or heat exhaustion likely"

To clarify for you, that doesn't mean today. The weather today has been marvellous - just like July, August and September which are my favourite months here.

Yes, and yesterday, so today when you wrote, was the day with 30 degrees centigrade and 94% humidity, so in your opinion "Danger - sunstroke, muscle cramps and / or heat exhaustion likely"

I looked at a couple of different sites to get the heat index, and it was nowhere near what seaeagle posted. I was wondering where that number came from. One site even listed the heat index and it was 92F/ 33C

I looked at a couple of different sites to get the heat index, and it was nowhere near what seaeagle posted. I was wondering where that number came from. One site even listed the heat index and it was 92F/ 33C

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminsitration. Fairly well respected American outfit. They give the word definition, too - not made up by me.

Edited by seaeagle

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminsitration. Fairly well respected American outfit. They give the word definition, too - not made up by me.

I saw that site too and the temp was not even close to what you said it was. Maybe 3 weeks ago it was, but yesterday.............NOT!

Good god, people!! The reply was made to a post yesterday which simply said "very hot and humid lately."

The poster didn't say he / she was hot yesterday, but said 'lately'. Similarly, I never stated that it was 30 degrees and 94% humidity yesterday.

But, 'lately', it has been. And before some of you say that it's never been 30 degrees for weeks and weeks, then do remember that temperatures can vary by a few degrees wherever you are on the island, depending on the micro-climate near you. It's a bit like saying, "It's raining on Phuket" - well, somewhere on our island it probably is, and elsewhere it's not.

Good god, people!! The reply was made to a post yesterday which simply said "very hot and humid lately."

The poster didn't say he / she was hot yesterday, but said 'lately'. Similarly, I never stated that it was 30 degrees and 94% humidity yesterday.

But, 'lately', it has been. And before some of you say that it's never been 30 degrees for weeks and weeks, then do remember that temperatures can vary by a few degrees wherever you are on the island, depending on the micro-climate near you. It's a bit like saying, "It's raining on Phuket" - well, somewhere on our island it probably is, and elsewhere it's not.

I would not worry about it mate, some people are not happy if they cannot pick on other people

Although they do not like being picked on themselves

I agree with you PC.

No offense intended regarding "there ya go" just a reference to your other thread. Cheers, GOM

No problem mate, you did not offend me its not your style

Windguru is showing nothing but west/northwest winds for the next 10 days.

Hey steelepulse,

Do you know what the significance of such wind is? I'm a newbie at all this and for the last couple of months have been trying to determine when the sea will have most waves. Not necessarily for surfing, but just for swimming. Calm seas = booooring!! I've been checking windguru and neither the wind speed or wind gusts or wave periods have helped predict the height of the waves. I was going almost everyday to check.

I do live in Nai Harn so maybe that's why...?

Would love to be educated on this! Thanks :)

It's a combination: western wind higher waves than eastern wind, stronger wind higher waves than less wind. Also tide plays a role in this (wind different direction than tide tends to make the waves higher).

Windguru does also predict waveheight btw.

In Nai Harn the waves tend to be a bit higher.

Edited by stevenl

It's a combination: western wind higher waves than eastern wind, stronger wind higher waves than less wind. Also tide plays a role in this (wind different direction than tide tends to make the waves higher).

Thanks stevenl. So basically I would most likely find waves if I go to the beach when it say waves above 0.5m? I think I tried that a few times and found still waters. Perhaps it was just an inaccurate prediction and I got unlucky?

It says on Friday after 16h it's going to be >0.7 and Saturday, Sunday, Monday it's just going to keep increasing. I guess I'll try then :)

Thanks stevenl. So basically I would most likely find waves if I go to the beach when it say waves above 0.5m? I think I tried that a few times and found still waters. Perhaps it was just an inaccurate prediction and I got unlucky?

It says on Friday after 16h it's going to be >0.7 and Saturday, Sunday, Monday it's just going to keep increasing. I guess I'll try then smile.png

For Friday after 16 hours: check the website Friday after 15.00 hours. Any forecast more than an hour away is worthless.

It says on Friday after 16h it's going to be >0.7 and Saturday, Sunday, Monday it's just going to keep increasing. I guess I'll try then smile.png

Try this. You can select several beaches.

http://magicseaweed.com/Kamala-Beach-Surf-Report/2378/