Aztech Equipment

bendejo

I've been looking for new wi-fi adapter. At some of these places I stay the built-in adapter in my laptop doesn't pull in weaker signals, so I use an external USB adapter when needed. I've been using a Linksys wireless-G from a few years back. I've been looking to replace it and the one with the best stated range (app 300 meters) is by Aztech. For the same price (600b, or 60RM in Kuala Lumpur) there is a Cisco/Linksys with half the stated range. (Take these figures lightly as I gathered them while in Low Yat in KL and didn't take notes) Of course I am well aware that your mileage may vary, these figures are gathered in the most optimal situations etc so I'm not taking them too seriously. Still, I need an adapter and, while I of course want the best possible bandwidth, the real priority in my situation is picking up weak (less than -70 dBm) signals.

Aztech is out of Singapore, anybody having good luck using their stuff? I've been looking on the web and haven't found much in the way of comparative reviews, but haven't seen any "Aztech sucks!" testimonies either.