Ducati Monster 795

796 is a far better bike (795 the cheap mans 796)...795 no single sided swinging arm, abs , very sore arse on long trips and cramped (reported), for short legs etc...but to be fair for the thai market not too bad a deal at 400,000bhat...join their long cue if you want one, nice second bike tho..tbh

The 795 is small, cramped and very uncomfortable, it's not a great drive, I think people buy this bike purely because of the Ducati name, the Kawasaki ER6n is by far the better bike and a lot cheaper, the Z1000 blows everything away!!

I just checked the Ducat website. They have a feature to compare their bikes specifications.

They look very close. The 796 has bigger tires and sits just over an inch higher.

http://www.ducati.com/compare/index.do?op=add&year1=17&year1_new_value=false&bikeFamily1=22&bikeFamily1_new_value=false&bikeModel1=68&bikeModel1_new_value=false

I just checked the Ducat website. They have a feature to compare their bikes specifications.

They look very close. The 796 has bigger tires and sits just over an inch higher.

http://www.ducati.co...new_value=false

That's cool. Because it was said the 795 has the 696's frame I compared those two - identical in many measures including seat height. Differences are engine, and rear suspension.

http://www.ducati.com/compare/index.do?op=add&year1=17&year1_new_value=false&bikeFamily1=22&bikeFamily1_new_value=false&bikeModel1=47&bikeModel1_new_value=false

test rode it as well didnt like the whole feeling much, also the new monster gerneration design lost a little bit of its charm. Got a S4R instead wich is lovely design and handling.

Hili, your as bad as me, in fact worse as i blame you ha... all started off with a black cbr250r hey and now look at us..

There are a couple of the guys on this forum who have bought the M795 and love it. I'm waiting for mine coming in June. I had a Kawa ER6n for 3 years and feel the M795 has more character. I guess sales of the M796 have fallen massively for the M796 as it is over 200K THB more than the M795. Basically the M795 is the M696 with the M796 engine. The parts are imported from Italy and assembled in Thailand. If your the kind of bloke who shops at high and mighty stores for clothes i.e lanky and porky then its not the bike for you. I'm 5 foot 10 and it fits me fine. I

• Like 2

I spoke with someone that has a relationship with the company in Thailand. June was speculated. Nothing firm.

I will guess a 795 Hyper will have the double swing-arm, different wheels w/ smaller tires & perhaps a narrower handlebar / mirror setup for this market? Priced a bit under the Monster?

I would really like to see a retro Ducati 250 scrambler for town use.

There are a couple of the guys on this forum who have bought the M795 and love it. I'm waiting for mine coming in June. I had a Kawa ER6n for 3 years and feel the M795 has more character. I guess sales of the M796 have fallen massively for the M796 as it is over 200K THB more than the M795. Basically the M795 is the M696 with the M796 engine. The parts are imported from Italy and assembled in Thailand. If your the kind of bloke who shops at high and mighty stores for clothes i.e lanky and porky then its not the bike for you. I'm 5 foot 10 and it fits me fine. I

I think you will find that there are also Thai sourced / manufactured components on the 795 hence the price. Engine etc from Italy. Possibly frame made here.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I think you will find that there are also Thai sourced / manufactured components on the 795 hence the price. Engine etc from Italy. Possibly frame made here.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Yep, to qualify for BOI it needs to be made of at least 80% domestically produced parts by value so while certainly some parts are imported, most of the bike is made in Thailand.

I've had my 795 for about one month now and I really like it. Like someone else posted, it's basically a 696 with the 796 engine. The frame size for the 696,795,796, and 1100 are almost identical, just right for me but I can see where it would be cramped for someone taller. It is my understanding that all of the parts except the handlebar and wiring harness are imported but I wouldn't have any way of knowing that for sure. They are also assembling the Diavel here in Thailand now and the price has dropped from 1,500,000 baht to 800,000 baht.

• Like 1

I've had my 795 for about one month now and I really like it. Like someone else posted, it's basically a 696 with the 796 engine. The frame size for the 696,795,796, and 1100 are almost identical, just right for me but I can see where it would be cramped for someone taller. It is my understanding that all of the parts except the handlebar and wiring harness are imported but I wouldn't have any way of knowing that for sure. They are also assembling the Diavel here in Thailand now and the price has dropped from 1,500,000 baht to 800,000 baht.

The fact that most of it was imported was my understanding too, it comes in CKD as a kit. It doesn't really bother me where the parts come from by the way. They have gone with a different pricing policy to Kawasaki and the servicing and parts are more expensive. Glad to hear you like yours, mine might be arriving late May. I've been bikeless since I sold my Vespa SS so I'm desperate for my new Monster.

I spoke with someone that has a relationship with the company in Thailand. June was speculated. Nothing firm.

I will guess a 795 Hyper will have the double swing-arm, different wheels w/ smaller tires & perhaps a narrower handlebar / mirror setup for this market? Priced a bit under the Monster?

I would really like to see a retro Ducati 250 scrambler for town use.

... or a remake of the old 350 Single from the '70s. As for me, the Motard represents the sweetspot for Bangkok dueling & doing runs to the twisty bits. Dirtbike height gives ya great traffic visibility, comfy ergos compared to a repli-racer, ok for light off-pavement shenanigans, good for ripping up the twisty asphalt. LoS is such a small place, gas tank size would be no problem.

I chatted with Ducati Tonglor's manager at the 1199 Panigale launch party, placing my vote that the 'tard should be the next Ducati model assembled in LoS... he just smiled. Asked what was coming next from Chonburi, more smiles & an apology. Guy wasn't giving an inch, but I had already heard from an insider that the Diavel was up next for local production. :[ Not my cup of espresso.

I met a lady a while ago that worked at a factory making Ducati parts. I recall she was making some aluminum handlebar parts.

Very high quality standards she said.

I chatted with Ducati Tonglor's manager at the 1199 Panigale launch party, placing my vote that the 'tard should be the next Ducati model assembled in LoS... he just smiled. Asked what was coming next from Chonburi, more smiles & an apology. Guy wasn't giving an inch, but I had already heard from an insider that the Diavel was up next for local production. :[ Not my cup of espresso.

Hmm a Panigale 1199 if made here would cost the same as a Diavel made here, 800k. If all the parts are imported for these bikes I can't see why not, really.

Hmm a Panigale 1199 if made here would cost the same as a Diavel made here, 800k. If all the parts are imported for these bikes I can't see why not, really.

It is easy enough to see why the Monster was the first to be assembled here in Thailand since it accounts for 2/3 of Ducati sales worldwide, I think (hope) that they will start making several more models here and we will have more to choose from. I would like to see the Streetfighters made here also when it's time to trade up :)

I am 186 tall, fat! is the M795 to small??? Do I have to buy the z1000???

Quick answer yes!! Z1000 is by far a superior bike to the 795 in fact a push bike is a far superior bike to the 795 lol

coffee1.gif i realize you're just trolling with off-topic, unsubstantiated adjectives... hey, mehbe you could start a different thread about how cool it is that THB 600,000 Litrebike Kawasakis are 'far superior' to BHT 400,000 800cc non-performance-oriented Ducs... and everyone who cares could join in.

The closest priced Kawi to the 795 Monster would be:

A. BHT 399k Monster 795 at 87 HP driving 167kg

B. BHT 285k Versys 650 at around 70 HP or so, driving 209kg,

-but, bin its low-spec brakes & suspension and add comps like Ducati's great Brembo brakes, good monoshock & upside-down forks...

hmm... now the price pretty much equals the Monster's!

Il Mostro kicks Kawi butt in lightness, speed, handling, sexiness, and 9 out of 10 Thai non-farm girls surveyed found it Far Superior.tongue.png

Z1000 blows all away!!! but it's all about choice!! you like the 795 which if not for the power would be suited to a child it's that small!! Z has great brakes and is the best looking bike I have ever owned!! everything I post is my opinion. farm girls know how to ride but I doubt that is a motorbike but rather the family buffalo!!

Go test drive one, see how it feels to you. It's a full-size bike, but whether its a good fit for you is strictly up to you. Seat height is irrelevant to a bike's ergos, just ask the 150kg homeys on Harleys. The Monster 795's 87 HP, torquey V-Twin mill makes it enough bike in Thailand to haul your family of four with groceries & a small Fridge, and get you in trouble fast without proper restraint on the throttle.

Ducatis are narrow, lithe, quick, good handling bikes for adults. And they're beautiful - ok, except the 999 Superbike. That one was Wicked ...sigh, miss mineunsure.png Now, some guys are just too big for a Duc. A buddy of mine at 6'- 6" and well past 150kg just did not fit on my 999 - a bike designed for horse jockey-sized road racers. Triumph tends to make physically Large bikes, but their pricing in LoS is disconnected with reality. The Kawi Versys may actually be your best fit here in LoS unless you want to go Full Boogie and get the Ducati Multistrada 1200!

Edited by bbradsby

Quick answer yes!! Z1000 is by far a superior bike to the 795 in fact a push bike is a far superior bike to the 795 lol

coffee1.gif i realize you're just trolling with off-topic, unsubstantiated adjectives... hey, mehbe you could start a different thread about how cool it is that THB 600,000 Litrebike Kawasakis are 'far superior' to BHT 400,000 800cc non-performance-oriented Ducs... and everyone who cares could join in.

The closest priced Kawi to the 795 Monster would be:

A. BHT 399k Monster 795 at 87 HP driving 167kg

B. BHT 285k Versys 650 at around 70 HP or so, driving 209kg,

-but, bin its low-spec brakes & suspension and add comps like Ducati's great Brembo brakes, good monoshock & upside-down forks...

hmm... now the price pretty much equals the Monster's!

Il Mostro kicks Kawi butt in lightness, speed, handling, sexiness, and 9 out of 10 Thai non-farm girls surveyed found it Far Superior.tongue.png

Z1000 blows all away!!! but it's all about choice!! you like the 795 which if not for the power would be suited to a child it's that small!! Z has great brakes and is the best looking bike I have ever owned!! everything I post is my opinion. farm girls know how to ride but I doubt that is a motorbike but rather the family buffalo!!

The family buffalo, eh? In Isaan parlance, that'd be us farangs... LOL and hey, I've got nothing against Thai farm girls who know how to 'latch onto' a real water buffalo bareback and ride!

Hafta say I do have fond memories of Kawi three- and four-banger mills of yore.