Yippee Beans On Toast

raymp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed that this thread has mainly focused on baked beans, something so readily available in supermarkets. Don't you guys miss anything else?

I'd have to say dairy products such as sour cream and cheese.

Where do you live? We have plenty of that stuff in Chiang Mai including imported or locally made sour cream.

Ahhh yes....sending your dregs of society to the best country in the world....what does that say about your elders ??

It was the dregs of society that decided that those who stole just to feed their families should be transported. Few of the transported were hardened criminals. That such events occured is a very large blot on the face of British justice.

P.S. I am English.

And I bet you were happy when Tony Blair apologised for the slave trade. Get a grip history is history and the ex Cons cant make meat pies or marmite.

Edited by RabC
  • Like 1

I'm amazed that this thread has mainly focused on baked beans, something so readily available in supermarkets. Don't you guys miss anything else?

I'd have to say dairy products such as sour cream and cheese.

Where do you live? We have plenty of that stuff in Chiang Mai including imported or locally made sour cream.

Northern Bangkok, Don Mueang. None of the Big C or Tesco around me have it. I usually pick up a few tiny (yogurt-sized) containers whenever I happen to be downtown and pass by a Villa.

Ahhh yes....sending your dregs of society to the best country in the world....what does that say about your elders ??

It was the dregs of society that decided that those who stole just to feed their families should be transported. Few of the transported were hardened criminals. That such events occured is a very large blot on the face of British justice.

P.S. I am English.

Many of those shipped over chose to do so. There was a doc I watched many years ago which I think (not sure) was called 'The bread winners'. The ships manifests were looked at and it was found that many (mostly women) were shipped over with their spouse. Many women wanted to go with their husband but were unable to go because they had comitted no crime so in order to do so they stole a loaf of bread which was enough to put in a request. The whole being shipped to Aus for stealing a load of bread is a myth.

No need to go bean hungry.

Brooks Beans are just as good as Heinz or SPC....I used to buy SPC here all the time, have not seen them for a little while though...but we do not live in Bkk anymore either.

Brooks are available in Tesco.

Someone told me...not sure if true or not....but Brooks is made by the same company, or owned same same etc so the taste is the same, but cost a lot less....that would make sense.

I am having them tonight....my special blend....I cut up smoked cocktail sausages, cracked pepper and a splash of tobasco sauce and mix it all up in the pan....outstanding.

If you look on the label of the Brooks tin, you'll find they're canned in Shepperton, Vic. The same place as SPC, I would hazard a guess they both come from the same cannery. :)