My Wife Wants To Purchase Land While In Germany

My wife wants to the land around her house and has a bargain offer.It´s 13 Rai with Kor Sor 5 land title.Her problem now is that she can afford buying the land, but she can´t afford and neither I do, to travel to Thailand during the next year.The owner is +80years old and wants to sell now to move with his children.

I heard that it would be necessary that she appears in person at the amphoe to sign the papers and some other document as she´s married to a foreigner,me.

Won´t it be enough that I sign some paper at the embassy assuring that I don´t have any interests in that land and my children with Thai passports would be in a worse case the inheritor´s.

Anyway could someone advise me how to purchase land in LOS as a Thai citizen living abroad?

My wife wants to the land around her house and has a bargain offer.It´s 13 Rai with Kor Sor 5 land title.Her problem now is that she can afford buying the land, but she can´t afford and neither I do, to travel to Thailand during the next year.The owner is +80years old and wants to sell now to move with his children.

I heard that it would be necessary that she appears in person at the amphoe to sign the papers and some other document as she´s married to a foreigner,me.

Won´t it be enough that I sign some paper at the embassy assuring that I don´t have any interests in that land and my children with Thai passports would be in a worse case the inheritor´s.

Anyway could someone advise me how to purchase land in LOS as a Thai citizen living abroad?

You should be able to instruct a reliable lawyer to act on your behalve.

I believe Sunbelt Asia can help you with checking the land title, the land and also with all the registration steps.

If you are paying in your wife's name, it would be a good idea to cover 'your' investment with a lease agreement.

I'm pretty sure it is you who has to sign the paper in person at the land department, where you confirm that it is your wife's money, and that you hold no interest at all in the land.

As far as I know, your wife can let somebody act on her behalf through a proper power of attorney, and all the signed copies of passport/ID etc...

You can get your signature witnessed at the Thai Embassy in your Country of residence, but check with the Land Office first, as some are not up on their own rules! More importantly what title is it? I have never heard of Kor Sor 5! Is it Por Bor Tor 5, possibly with a Sor Kor 1 title. If you look at some of the other recent threads in this forum you will see I have given details regarding problems on Por Bor Tor land. You can't really buy it , but some people do under a form of "gentleman's agreement". Buying such land whilst not in Thailand is very risky, but it depends if it's cheap enough not for you to care :o

We didn´t buy it, wife said for what as we live now here in Germany and really have no need of the land.

Great idea :o

On the other hand.....she can buy NOW for a bargain-price as I understand.

And...your neighbours' land/house is for sale only once-in-a-lifetime.

In my opninion it would be a great opportunity for investment in the future...just my thoughts, tho.

LaoPo

I´ll never live in the sticks, that´s for sure and the wife knows it.Once my dear mother-in-law past away,my maximum stay will be 2 nights.

I love the people and the landscape there but I want to keep the life-standard I´m used to, or live even better.That´s why I like Thailand a lot, my money is more worth there and get´s me further than it would in the western world.

Anyways, now I have to tell my wife that we´ll probably move to the Netherlands :o:D

Edited by MikeRay