Red Shirt Leader Thida Warns Thai Govt On Cosying Up To 'Elite'

webfact

Remark from the countryside.

A good friend of mine in my village, a devoted red shirt, fighting experience in Bangkok, asked me today:

"You are still my friend?"

-- "You repair my enduro bike, I was English teacher of your son, why do you ask me stupid things?"

"No more politics, politics sucks."

A converted red shirt. He pumped up my motobike.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine how the redshirt Thaksin apologists feel now. No wonder they arent around anymore its a real loss of face for them.

Or the contract expired.

Both of you insultingly incorrect as usual.

• Like 1

Imagine how the redshirt Thaksin apologists feel now. No wonder they arent around anymore its a real loss of face for them.

Speaking of which, where is Calgary now? Has he morphed into someone else or did the excitement of Siem Reap make him simply disappear up his own fundament?

• Like 1

Speaking of which, where is Calgary now? Has he morphed into someone else or did the excitement of Siem Reap make him simply disappear up his own fundament?

Being Canadian, he will probably morph as Red Deer, if ya know what I mean eh?cowboy.gif

... whaaaa? ... party members seemingly with an "ideology" (a first in Thai politics), in a political party with none (forever the Thai political standard, in favor of a patronage system) ... ready to abaondon the party leadership whose "ideology" (making money for me, my family and my group) is now apparent and inconsistent with the people's newfound voice.

... Toxin gave the poor a voice, thinking he could lead a social revolution of the poor and fashion it into the kind of corrupt political dynasty that the elites previously enjoyed ... surprise ... who could have expected that Thais are now at the threshhold of social emancipation, with the brass to express their own opinions, rather than obediently following the direction of their local kamnan (bought by whatever political party pays them the most ... the patronage system).

... a game changer!

• Like 1

Or the contract expired.

Both of you insultingly incorrect as usual.

Oh nobody believes they ALL are like that,

just a loud percentage are highly suspect.

I also notice you responding to a perceived slight and not arguing the POINT.

Edited by animatic

The equivalent of Thaksin's "cash and contracts" in order to attempt to subdue the majority ordinary Thai people are the various populist policies, like the 300 baht minimum wage and the tablet computers. So it appears that "cash and contracts" are Thaksin's current way of solving things in order to get what he wants with little or no resistance from all levels of society, even those "above" him. Some of the cash comes directly from him or his family's business empire, but most come from the treasury, which is taxpayers' money. But did he have to have people sacrifice their lives for him in order to now come to this point?

Edited by hyperdimension

Cash and contracts can subdue anyone, including elites of any side; but deciding on appropriate amounts may sometimes be a balancing act.

The phrase "cash and contracts" has been stuck in my mind ever since I read the article "Daring double game in Thailand" on the Asia Times web site. A link to the actual article might not be allowed here, but I urge everyone to navigate to it and read it, as it may present a clearer picture of what is really going on.

Indeed a very clear and insightful article...... Quite scary tough..... Mr T as a Royal advisor?? with his sister as PM????

w00t.gif

And you know Money talks.......

A good friend of mine in my village, a devoted red shirt, fighting experience in Bangkok, asked me today:

-- "You repair my enduro bike, I was English teacher of your son, why do you ask me stupid things?"

Well it makes a change from the "converting the wife and the in-laws / entire village" stories and possibly more believable but I suspect he means that he will just not talk "politics" with you from now on, but do keep up the evangelism. I have this vision of Thai Visa members dressed like mormon missionaries going from village to village preaching the word.............

I have this vision of Thai Visa members dressed like mormon missionaries going from village to village preaching the word.............

...and you'd follow afterwards to re-educate them with your single page of all of Abhisit's and the Democrat's misdeeds.

No, I'd trust the Thai people to make their own mind up - they seem to have done that over a number of years without any help from me. I have no delusions about 'converting the locals'.

I have this vision of Thai Visa members dressed like mormon missionaries going from village to village preaching the word.............

...and you'd follow afterwards to re-educate them with your single page of all of Abhisit's and the Democrat's misdeeds.

Tunnel vision comes to mind.

No, I'd trust the Thai people to make their own mind up - they seem to have done that over a number of years without any help from me. I have no delusions about 'converting the locals'.

I believe a number of them had some help making up their mind at Ratchaprasong.

Well it makes a change from the "converting the wife and the in-laws / entire village" stories and possibly more believable but I suspect he means that he will just not talk "politics" with you from now on, but do keep up the evangelism. I have this vision of Thai Visa members dressed like mormon missionaries going from village to village preaching the word.............

So THAT'S what Calgary is doing now!

long time no posting from him....did his contract end?

I think he was kicked out of TV. I am sure not missing him. whistling.gif

• Like 1

All the Mormon missionaries I have seen go in pairs. You don't suppose phiphidon is his partner do you.

Actually I was reading a older thread and see where Calgaryll is banned.

I used in my post the word "converted"

Yes, he is a converted by the facts. The red shirt's religion is a conglomerate of maoism, glorification of a supposed holy rescuer and validly interests.

At the same time he is a devoted Buddhist (Tan Buddhadasa same me) and I only "missionized" him to see the facts (What is What") by his own religion.

One fact. His brother in law with a small shoe-shop was victim of the "burning down Bangkok" strategy of the Red Shits.

He calmed down him, saying "the New Gouvernment" will repompense you. Nothing happened.

Converted by the facts.

All the Mormon missionaries I have seen go in pairs. You don't suppose phiphidon is his partner do you.

Actually I was reading a older thread and see where Calgaryll is banned.

OK I can believe you that he got banned, but usually that doesn't stop people for long.....When even the banned PM can have his clone in power....