Badminton In Chiang Mai

BeeM

Hi,

Are there any farangs who play badminton in the evenings or at the weekend? Does anyone know any badminton clubs in Chiang Mai that welcome farangs? I was playing with the group that play on Tuesday and Friday afternoons at the Municipal Stadium but I've just started working and am not free to play at those times anymore.

Any info would be appreciated! I'm also interested in getting some coaching if anybody knows anything about that.

Cheers,

Bee

A quick search showed that;

Chiangmai expats group play badminton every Tuesday and friday at the Chiangmai municipal stadium from 2pm to 4pm.The charges are 20baht per pax but they uses plastic birdies.You can buy good and better ones from the proshop. Bring your own gear.

I haven't joined in for over a year, but a friend still goes day and more than those listed above. They are always quiet welcoming at the municipal stadium courts. There is a pro shop there where coaching can be arranged.

Chiangmai expats group play badminton every Tuesday and friday at the Chiangmai municipal stadium from 2pm to 4pm.The charges are 20baht per pax but they uses plastic birdies.You can buy good and better ones from the proshop. Bring your own gear.

I haven't joined in for over a year, but a friend still goes day and more than those listed above. They are always quiet welcoming at the municipal stadium courts. There is a pro shop there where coaching can be arranged.

That's Fishenough. That's where I was playing. I can only play in the evenings and weekends now though because I am working. If anyone knows of any other clubs that'd be great. Cheers.

That's Fishenough. That's where I was playing. I can only play in the evenings and weekends now though because I am working. If anyone knows of any other clubs that'd be great. Cheers.

We're in the same same situation with the 2 to 4 group.

I would be interested in a evening game.

I started a thread on this a couple months back, and whilst the 2-4pm is etched on my brain, i have not had the time to get over there and check it out.

but count me in also, if an evening venue is available- maybe the university sports centre?