Can School Cancel An Ed Visa?

Hi, I am considering getting an ED visa through the Lang. school I work for (they are not offering B visas and work permits anymore for part time employees). I will be paying for the visa myself. If I stop working for the school can they cancel my visa? Can ED visas be cancelled? Are there different types of ED visas? Thank you.

Ed Visa is for students, not teachers.

yep, I know. illegal. but that is what they are doing

Sounds like a quality place to work.

In any case, they do not have control over the actual visa and likely won't tell immigration that they have been skirting employment regulations but I would imagine if they wanted to get rid of you they would not provide you with the paperwork to renew your visa for the next 90 day sequence. I read somewhere that some places like Chang Mai does one year visas that don't need to be renewed only reported every 90 days but that is not the norm.

Also, if you read a post I put up a few days ago, a friend told me they will start requiring attendance schedules or test results provided by the school to renew your visa another 90 days so you might want to speak to them about what you need.

it sounds like a very desperate move. think about the other students that could be

affected if the immigration Department found out and take action against your school?

Sounds like a quality place to work.

In any case, they do not have control over the actual visa and likely won't tell immigration that they have been skirting employment regulations but I would imagine if they wanted to get rid of you they would not provide you with the paperwork to renew your visa for the next 90 day sequence. I read somewhere that some places like Chang Mai does one year visas that don't need to be renewed only reported every 90 days but that is not the norm.

Also, if you read a post I put up a few days ago, a friend told me they will start requiring attendance schedules or test results provided by the school to renew your visa another 90 days so you might want to speak to them about what you need.

So, I will require paperwork from them every 90 days to renew the visa?

Not only will you need paperwork every 90 days to extend your permission to stay (1900 baht) but if you are actually teaching, you need a work permit and you can't get a work permit on an ED visa. If you are caught, you'll be in a world of s_hit!