“Pattaya New Look” Marketing Campaign Started By Pattaya Mayor

Rimmer

“Pattaya New Look” marketing campaign started by Pattaya Mayor

PATTAYA:--A new campaign spearheaded by the Mayor of Pattaya is attempting to promote Pattaya City around the world as a tourist destination and as a city with plenty of investment potential.

Khun Itipon led a press conference at the Amari Resort and Tower in North Pattaya on Tuesday to announce the campaign called “Pattaya New Look” with the catchy slogan “Pattaya City Definitely More”.

A major advertising campaign will be started as the Mayor is determined to re-energise the local tourism industry. The Mayor demonstrated at the press conference that the infrastructure is geared-up to ensure that tourists remain safe during their stay in Pattaya

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...-pattaya-mayor/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-04-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I take it that they now have all the "quality" tourists from Russia,India and the middle east and must look further afield ,perhaps Rumanian Gypsies Somalian's or any other "big spenders" or now the baht is at 49.5 to the pound he could tempt Brits away from the Costa beaches.cheesy.gif

Edited by thenervoussurgeon

They could start by cleaning up the beaches as mentioned in another thread, the ones around Pratamnak are a disgrace

Add to that Pattaya Beach and Wongamat Beach...even Ko Larn has rubbish in the water these days. They can spin till they are blue in the face, if the beaches are left to deteriorate, Pattaya will never get beyond "seedy", "cesspit", "sex-resort" in people's minds. Nothing wrong there, just need to be honest about Pattaya's real image before any rebranding can occur.

I am sure no-one involved in promoting Pattaya has any illusions about its darker or less attractive sides but they have to try anyway to promote what positives do exist. As with the recent MICE event campaign discussion the assumption from many here seems to be that total honesty should exist in any promotional efforts and that, frankly, is a very unrealistic idea no matter what you are promoting. One does not talk of London crime rate when promoting the Olympics nor tell you the downsides of driving a car when advertising Toyota cars for example - nor does any other product tell you any negatives.

Re-election time is coming soon. He has to get a whole new lot of soon to go unfulfilled promises and ideas out to the press.

He's off to a great start.

"Pattaya New Look" means nothing more than what color your face is going to be after the jet ski scum bags beat the hell out of you.

• 1 month later...

They could start by cleaning up the beaches as mentioned in another thread, the ones around Pratamnak are a disgrace

At the northern end of Jomtien beach there is a car park with a small shelter. About two weeks ago it was absolutely unbelievable in terms of the amount of waste ( plastic bottles plastic bags and other items) which had washed up on the beach. I just couldn't believe it.

Today I was there again and it is a bit better but only marginally. But while I was sitting in the shade at the shelter after riding my bicycle several groups of Thai’s came and either ate food or had something to drink and almost all of them simply left their garbage in the shelter. huh.png They don't respect their own environment one bit.

Of course the local authority is just as much to blame for not having proper rubbish bins that are emptied regularly. And the shelter itself is simply rotting away and nobody cleans it.

Then if you go over the hill towards Pattaya you will see the old lighthouse which is also a disgrace again in total disrepair with rubbish everywhere.

Before the Mayor can pat himself on the back he should first sort out these eyesores