Can I Sue My Landlord?

mdotinc

If you don't get your deposit back, remember palaa can be spread in the most difficult places to clean/hidevampire.gif

great advice to give in a country with not much laws .........smile.png

if someone did that in one of my properties he would fall off the balcony and the police would quickly decide it was an accident

So you're saying you would commit murder?

Not only are you breaking Thaivisa rules but you are a poor excuse for a human being.

Big talk for what seems to me a "little" man, and I mean that in more than one way.

Your opinion of me is so highly valued jerk.gif

if someone vandalised one of my properties and had a nasty accident ,you are correct

it wouldnt bother me at all ;)

no,youve been here longer ,know your "rights" ,and have a deeper understanding of what landords can and cant do ,etc etc etc coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

you really think hes going to be allowed to "live it out" and a landlord isnt going to notice not paying rent for 3 MONTHS ?

he will be turfed out within about 3 days and most contracts state that rent may not be paid late or the lease is cancelled

and the leasee will be removed

thats the reality of the situation ,it can get very messy

again for the last time, landlord has no right to throw out a tenant WITHOUT a court order, NOT police order but COURT ORDER especially when there is a deposit.

Yes landlord CAN change the locks, HOWEVER it is against the law and when police are called, they MUST arrest the landlord for trespassing.

Naturally, they may be "nicer" and NOT arrest the landlord, however will make landlord remove the locks, YES if they been paid by the landlord or "like" landlord, they may try to scare the renter, HOWEVER, They have no right nor authority to remove renter from the premises WITHOUT a court order,

especially if the tenant/renter is NOT aggressive.

Yes BIB is corrupt and in many instances do whatever they like, HOWEVER is not the case when it comes to civil matters, especially such as matter at hand, because not only they have nothing to gain, but may also end up in court with clear evidence of violation.

Just like when one has an accident but the car is insured, BIB does not get involved

Sadly though, i do not think the now thorough explanation will satisfy you,though i do hope you do not go in same circles over and over again

I HAVE NO DESIRE TO GO AROUND IN CIRCLES ,I was simply trying to explain that the police and the landlord

will do whatever the hell they like and you as a farang tenant cant do a thing about it ,whos to say the police have nothing to gain ? IME the police gets a backhander from almost everything they do ,whether its in their job description or not

i am not replying to this thread again because the talk of court orders and landlords being thown in jail is just laughable and would never ever be allowed to happen somewhere as corrupt as thailand

again, with my personal experience the backhander did not help the landlord, he did not enter the premises and did not try to change the locks.

i did clearly advised him that should he try the police will be called and i will press charges for trespass

He did change the password for the security door, but quickly changed it back when the BIB(his boys). arrived and i refused to vacate.

and this is my personal experience, if you have had different or possibly heard of someone else having something else, i am sorry for your bad experience, and theirs

Rubbish....If you rent ANY regardless of "how many stars" property it is the SOLE responsibility of the owner for ANY and ALL repairs/maintainence, if he hasn't got repairmen then stiff shit go find some....NOW..

You're living in a very different Thailand from the one I've inhabited for 13 years now. I've rented four separate houses, and at none of them have they been willing to fix little stuff, and some wouldn't even take care of stuff that was damaging their property.

Options are to ask nicely, but persistently, figure out how to make it worth their while, leave and lose the deposit, or pay out of pocket. Threatening only makes matters worse.

again for the last time, landlord has no right to throw out a tenant WITHOUT a court order, NOT police order but COURT ORDER especially when there is a deposit.

Yes landlord CAN change the locks, HOWEVER it is against the law and when police are called, they MUST arrest the landlord for trespassing.

Naturally, they may be "nicer" and NOT arrest the landlord, however will make landlord remove the locks, YES if they been paid by the landlord or "like" landlord, they may try to scare the renter, HOWEVER, They have no right nor authority to remove renter from the premises WITHOUT a court order,

Again, the country Thailand on the planet Fantasy, I'd really like to meet BiB anywhere in Thailand that will take "the law" into account in a dispute like this between a farang kee nok and a Thai property owner.

Yes BIB is corrupt and in many instances do whatever they like, HOWEVER is not the case when it comes to civil matters, especially such as matter at hand, because not only they have nothing to gain, but may also end up in court with clear evidence of violation.

Just like when one has an accident but the car is insured, BIB does not get involved

Absolute <deleted>, the BiB will do as it pleases in any case, even more so in civil matters, and you're delusional if you think the BiB will "end up in court" being sanctioned for anything at all, including just putting a bullet upside your head for being a dick.

Also with accidents, in the three I've been involved with the BiB got involved and in every case pressured the farang to pay the Thai, or in one Thai-on-Thai case, the party with the nicer car to pay for the poorer one's damage, both regardless of who was at fault.

Playing blackmail games, trying to get away with living there without paying rent, if you've got the wrong kind of landlord you'll just get your bones broken and no one will have any sympathy no matter how much you have "the law" on your side.

Please stop giving out such dangerous advice.

• Like 1

again, with my personal experience the backhander did not help the landlord, he did not enter the premises and did not try to change the locks.

i did clearly advised him that should he try the police will be called and i will press charges for trespass

He did change the password for the security door, but quickly changed it back when the BIB(his boys). arrived and i refused to vacate.

and this is my personal experience, if you have had different or possibly heard of someone else having something else, i am sorry for your bad experience, and theirs

If this was indeed your personal experience then it was very unusual and IMO you should consider yourself lucky. But it is not representative of my experience nor that of dozens of people with whom I've spoken specifically about such issues.

If you don't get your deposit back, remember palaa can be spread in the most difficult places to clean/hidevampire.gif

if someone did that in one of my properties he would fall off the balcony and the police would quickly decide it was an accident

Not only are you breaking Thaivisa rules but you are a poor excuse for a human being.

Big talk for what seems to me a "little" man, and I mean that in more than one way.

if someone vandalised one of my properties and had a nasty accident ,you are correct

it wouldnt bother me at all wink.png

I think you'll find its not just my opinion, and your post speaks for itself.

Even though I'm sure you are meaningless and ineffectual, you have a thug mentality. Life will make sure you get whats your in the end, as with all thugs

Even though I'm sure you are meaningless and ineffectual, you have a thug mentality. Life will make sure you get whats your in the end, as with all thugs

Welcome to thailand ,thats just how the game is played here

Dont hate the player,hate the game ;)

say,arent you just another troll anyway ??

Dont hate the player,hate the game wink.png

Pure poetryjerk.gif

Pure poetryjerk.gif

cheesy.gif

Rubbish....If you rent ANY regardless of "how many stars" property it is the SOLE responsibility of the owner for ANY and ALL repairs/maintainence, if he hasn't got repairmen then stiff shit go find some....NOW..

You're living in a very different Thailand from the one I've inhabited for 13 years now. I've rented four separate houses, and at none of them have they been willing to fix little stuff, and some wouldn't even take care of stuff that was damaging their property.

Options are to ask nicely, but persistently, figure out how to make it worth their while, leave and lose the deposit, or pay out of pocket. Threatening only makes matters worse.

Again, the country Thailand on the planet Fantasy, I'd really like to meet BiB anywhere in Thailand that will take "the law" into account in a dispute like this between a farang kee nok and a Thai property owner.

Absolute <deleted>, the BiB will do as it pleases in any case, even more so in civil matters, and you're delusional if you think the BiB will "end up in court" being sanctioned for anything at all, including just putting a bullet upside your head for being a dick.

Also with accidents, in the three I've been involved with the BiB got involved and in every case pressured the farang to pay the Thai, or in one Thai-on-Thai case, the party with the nicer car to pay for the poorer one's damage, both regardless of who was at fault.

Playing blackmail games, trying to get away with living there without paying rent, if you've got the wrong kind of landlord you'll just get your bones broken and no one will have any sympathy no matter how much you have "the law" on your side.

Please stop giving out such dangerous advice.

As i said before, you are free to live your life as you see fits best. If it is your choice to live in constant fear of your own shadow, and allow others to walk all over you, because of what could be or might be or possibly be, it is your choice, if you are happy to be walked on, again is your choice.

I have had a number of accident and was NEVER and i repeat NEVER pressured by the police to pay anything. The moment i pulled out my insurance card, police was gone.

Only 1 time, when other person was injured, police had to be involved, and NO BIB did not force me to pay anything, because the other person was at fault.

I am by no means claiming to be a superman or anything like that, call it lucky or whatever you like, but i guess BIB also know and can smell the fear.

Tenants may have rights in the UK and other places but in Thailand you are shit outta luck

I know a guy very well who stopped paying rent in Bangkok because he was pretty sure he wasnt

Getting his deposit back and decided he would stay there for 3 months and live out his deposit

Thai Chinese lady knew he was a drinker and arrived along at about 3am with 5 or 6 cops who

Dragged him out of bed and into a monkey cage

Where he spent 3 days before being released after paying a fine of 50k to the police for being disorderly and resisting arrest and making threats to the landlady

(he says he did none of this)

When he got out ,3 days sleeping in a concrete floor covered in blood piss shit and vomit with a load of drug addicts going through withdrawl the land lady had left his stuff in bin bags at police reception and he was made aware that she has filled a restraining order and if he returned he would not be getting out of jail next time

Hows that for tenants rights ?

• Like 1

Pure poetryjerk.gif

cheesy.gif

Just to interject with a comment from another thread....You know its hot in Thailand when ?..........Kilgore Trout is more obnoxious than normal

• Like 2

Just to interject with a comment from another thread....You know its hot in Thailand when ?..........Kilgore Trout is more obnoxious than normal

So you think its ok for a (so called) landlord to advocate murdering her tenants?

Cmon, really? I had no idea there were such scumbags on this forum.

So you think its ok for a (so called) landlord to advocate murdering her tenants?

Its just been mentioned on the taxi driver thread, if you threaten someones lively hood in Thailand very dangerous, life is cheap here

vandalise an apartment or threaten to blackmail and you could easily have a nasty accident, its very cheap to get a few somchais to beat someone to a pulp and probably nothing will happen after its done

my friend got a bad beating with sticks because he has a dispute with a neighboring business owner

Police were either paid off or knew to leave it alone because everyone known who did it and nothing happened to the criminals, thats pattaya though,cesspool of corruption but I'm sure it could happen anywhere if you off the right people

Its just been mentioned on the taxi driver thread, if you threaten someones lively hood in Thailand very dangerous, life is cheap here

vandalise an apartment or threaten to blackmail and you could easily have a nasty accident, its very cheap to get a few somchais to beat someone to a pulp and probably nothing will happen after its done

my friend got a bad beating with sticks because he has a dispute with a neighboring business owner

Police were either paid off or knew to leave it alone because everyone known who did it and nothing happened to the criminals, thats pattaya though,cesspool of corruption but I'm sure it could happen anywhere if you off the right people

Yes, well there's a difference between the realities of Thailand (or anywhere for that matter) and some blowhard moron trying to brag about how she can have someone offed.

And trust me, when foreigners are involved in these kinds of matters (like our impotent friend) they always get caught.

And trust me, when foreigners are involved in these kinds of matters they always get caught.

no ,they dont.... thumbsup.gif

And trust me, when foreigners are involved in these kinds of matters they always get caught.
no ,they dont.... thumbsup.gif

Yes they do. If you are so sure, please give us an example with names and dates.

You counting the many different foreign mafia networks that have their established connections with TPTB? Of course they get away with it, you think it's only Thais behind all those Pattaya "suicides" off the balconies and hanging themselves with their hands tied behind their back?

Your average bumbling sexpat would have a hard time swimming in those waters - and would be stupid to try - but with personal trusted contacts in that world *and* being very careful even an unconnected but experienced foreign crim most likely could as well - plenty of those here believe me.

But of course that would mean not talking about it, much less bragging online! 8-)

nobody is bragging,thts what kilogore trout cant seem to understand ,the plain reality is that in a country like this ,cement boots are cheaper than lawyers

you only have to pick up a paper to read all about the crimes in phuket and pattaya and the ones caught are almost minute

and then of the ones caught ,how many pay a bribe or pull some strings and get released ?

why is there almost never follow ups to these cases ?

its a country where anything goes ,i dont know why KT lives here if he cant fathom that rolleyes.gif

Can I ask how you sign, a new three-year lease, every year

Sure, each year we sign a new lease dated for the next three years out. Standard clause says "this lease cancels any previous agreements" or such (it's in Thai).

Another option is NOT to pay rent but to live out the deposit, Legally she can not lock you out without a court order.

If she does change locks, simple call to police and she will be arrested and up for 250 000baht bail.

i do not think by suing you will achieve much but spend more money. there is one trick, little dirty but worked for me each and every time.

by thai law, every landlord must register rental property and pay tax on it.

suggest/question her as to if the property is registered as a rental or should you contact revenue department to notify them.

what it basically means is that if she does not give back the deposit or whatever you will notify revenue dep and she will be liable to pay tax, mind you they wll check back to the length of ownership and demand tax for the entire period.

i know its on the border line of blackmail, but sometimes in thailand, one needs to go down to that level

PS. in the past, every time i had a problem with landlord NOT wanting to refund deposit or to charge for something i did not break, this strategy worked really well.

Very very dangerous suggestions - much more so than simply suggesting something illegal.

No matter what the law is, many landlords would simply have a bunch of thugs break your kneecaps and toss you over the balcony for trying shit like this.

Friend of mine was badly beaten with big sticks, couldn't work for eight months just for getting behind on the rent - or at least that was his story, but it was the landlord's goons anyway.

First rule of thumb for living here IMO is keep a low profile, don't let yourself get into direct confrontations. Whether you're "in the right" or not has little relevance here.

If you're going to get back at someone - and note I am NOT advocating doing anything - do it like the Thais so it can't be traced to you, and ideally even they don't know where it came from.

You are right kiss his or her ass but get him first hire goons first before he knows their is a problem with you

it wouldnt bother me at all wink.png

I cannot believe what you wrote. You maybe my landlord so you are tell me I should get you to have a nasty accident I do not believe you mean that.

Rule of thumb if your only renting from Thai owners they can do EXACTLY what they like ie push your rent up or chuck you out within a couple of weeks notice, all you can do then is take your fixtures & fittings and get on yer bike!!

I know a guy very well who stopped paying rent in Bangkok because he was pretty sure he wasnt

Getting his deposit back and decided he would stay there for 3 months and live out his deposit

Thai Chinese lady knew he was a drinker and arrived along at about 3am with 5 or 6 cops who

Dragged him out of bed and into a monkey cage

Where he spent 3 days before being released after paying a fine of 50k to the police for being disorderly and resisting arrest and making threats to the landlady

(he says he did none of this)

When he got out ,3 days sleeping in a concrete floor covered in blood piss shit and vomit with a load of drug addicts going through withdrawl the land lady had left his stuff in bin bags at police reception and he was made aware that she has filled a restraining order and if he returned he would not be getting out of jail next time

Remember folks. Rent don't buy. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Some inflammatory posts and replies have been removed as well as a post containing profanity.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.