Pattaya - The Crime Rate Must Be Here Like 10 Times Bigger Than In Bkk

radiola

I was always safe walking at midnight on sukhumvit in bkk, never had any problems in 2 years, but here you see so many crazy people,

ladyboys robbing people, people get beaten on the beach and robbed, faragns got killed by motorbike mafia drivers....

this is just crazy, definately not a place to raise your family

I see complete houses totally insdie the steel rods, like they expect to being robbed anytime, and that is in gated community....

steel bars everywhere around the houses, havent seen this in bkk

and like crazy farangs screaming, i have seen that many times...

I was attacked and kicked for the first time in my life here in Pattaya, never happened before, by a crazy thai man, obviously doped and drugged

just want to see your opinions, why you stay in this city

is it because of cheap accomodation, bars, closeness to bkk? I wonder

I love Bangkok and pattaya.Yes beach road is full of scumbags but i try to stay away from that boardwalk :) i have lived here a long time and have never had any problems.

"http://definately not a place to raise your family"

yeah it would suck raising your familly on beach road next to all the mafia and ladyboys thumbsup.gif

You are a pretty bad troll by the way cheesy.gif

10 years coming here never even seen a fight. Of course if you are going to walk along beach road pissed out of your head at 3 in the morning you might get mugged but you would in Bangkok, London, New york or anywhere else. Its all about common sense. I always feel very safe here safer than in the UK

10 years coming here never even seen a fight. Of course if you are going to walk along beach road pissed out of your head at 3 in the morning you might get mugged but you would in Bangkok, London, New york or anywhere else. Its all about common sense. I always feel very safe here safer than in the UK

you probably only stay in your room, seriously, I am reading pattaya one and i get sick, so maby peple murdered here etc...

you probably only stay in your room, seriously, I am reading pattaya one and i get sick, so maby peple murdered here etc...

The local news prints less than 1% I bet.

The Police & press make a ton of money to keep the bad news quiet.

Completely agree...the op is basically a troll coffee1.gif

Lived in both places for over a decade and never even a hint of trouble...and I've done my share of late-nite partying (but never get drunk). However, if one is the type who goes looking for trouble or likes to stick their nose where it doesn't belong, there is trouble around every corner.

• Like 1

Lived in both places for over a decade and never even a hint of trouble...and I've done my share of late-nite partying (but never get drunk). However, if one is the type who goes looking for trouble or likes to stick their nose where it doesn't belong, there is trouble around every corner.

yes sure, me being a troll, dream on

read the internet dude, only last week, husband killed wife, man beheaded found on island, two guys beatne by jet ski mafia, another murder, do you want me to go on

i wonder if you are not some farang selling preorders for condos aka sua sawarn ha ha, and is afraid for bad press

There are around 1 million people living in pattaya, half of my country, and we hardly have any crime in my country

here, every day you can find out that somebody whacked somebody, got beaten, scammed,

Where do you come from dude, Rio brasil? Dont let me brag about old pervs coming here for their prey

I am going to puke

yes sure, me being a troll, dream on

read the internet dude, only last week, husband killed wife, man beheaded found on island, two guys beatne by jet ski mafia, another murder, do you want me to go on

i wonder if you are not some farang selling preorders for condos aka sua sawarn ha ha, and is afraid for bad press

There are around 1 million people living in pattaya, half of my country, and we hardly have any crime in my country

here, every day you can find out that somebody whacked somebody, got beaten, scammed,

Where do you come from dude, Rio brasil? Dont let me brag about old pervs coming here for their prey

I am going to puke

I could find just as much, and likely more, serious crime stories by reading any large metropolitan daily paper in my birthplace of the USA. I base my perception of crime on my personal experience, and that of my expat friends and visitors over the years. None have been a victim of a serious crime. Doesn't mean they don't happen but not enough that I give in any thought.

As to the crimes you cite...they were almost all Thai on Thai (still bad) but don't affect the life of the average farang Pattaya resident/tourist.

Edited by FarangBuddha

definately not a place to raise your family

For over 4 decades Pattaya was a destination frequented almost exclusively by single farang males (and a few bizarre single farang women).

Quite why anyone ever imagined that it could possibly be suitable for anything to do with families is a bit of a mystery to me.

Edited by Darrel

definately not a place to raise your family

For over 4 decades Pattaya was a destination frequented almost exclusively by single farang males (and a few bizarre single farang women).

Quite why anyone ever imagined that it could possibly be suitable for anything to do with families is a bit of a mystery to me.

Perhaps it is a myth that Pattaya is "frequented almost exclusively by single farang males".

A lot of tourist drop by quite simply because it is the closest beach resort to big city BKK. Whether they ever come back is a different story of course.Furthermore, lots of BKK famiies come for a weekend or during holidays. Wongamat used to be dotted with big beachfront houses belonging to BKK rich folk. And finally, there are many families and "real" expats with jobs in the nearby factories and industrial zones.

Most of these don't live in the usual areas frequented by single farang males who think they are the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega and the primary reason for the existence of Pattaya.

Sorry guys, but we've discussed this thread and have decided to close it down. Pattaya has it's problems, but so do many other places. We don't need overly negative posts like this.

Per forum rules:

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.