Thaksin Flying To England For Manchester Derby

webfact

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did he manage to get a ticket?

No need.

The humble, thrifty, grassroots-minded, man-of-the-people spent 1.5 Billion Baht on his own modest Bombardier Global Express.

globalexpress.jpg globalexpress2.jpg

but he will need a visa.

Let's see if Noppadon is accurate for the first time in his life.

Edit to add:

biggrin.png realizing you might have meant a ticket to the actual game, I'm sure the salt-of-the-Earth trillionaire can find a scalper.

Say, now there's a job for his legal aide Noppadon.

"Noppadon, go make yourself useful and find me good seats.... and oh yes, make sure the Manchester City players wai me before the game."

There are plenty of hospitality tickets for matches like this. They are easy to get if you have enough money.

So Thailand is now officially the only country in the world to give any weight to the trumped up, politically motivated charges against the deposed premier.

Wow! I wish I could do the same things he did and still get away with travelling the world with all his money. Not being able to live in Thailand would be a small price to pay for all the money I would have.

I thought he gave it all to the red shirts ( not Man Utd, hang one maybe they are the same, I will come back to you).

Will the British Government set up security for him as happened in Laos and Cambodia ???

On a positive note, I don't think they'll have to worry about thousands of Red Shirts coming to the UK to pay homage.

Wrong there going to be a lot of Red Shirt´s, but not from Thailand. rolleyes.giflaugh.png

OMG Skywalker, I never thought of that !! As the game is at Old Trafford, well for a start there will be no presidential box at City so no dream welcome for him AND the majority of supporters will be wearing red. I can just imagine Thaksins photographer trying to get a photo over his shoulder of Thaksin waving to the Stretford end while all the fans are cheering. Next will be the photo and headlines back home, 40 000 red shirts in UK come to see Thaksin watch Man City and pay homage.. The average farm worker up North will be well impressed.

Dont think there are too many farm workers in Lancashire to be impressed! Who is that midget anyway has he got string of take aways?
  • Like 1

I dont often support ManUtd but on this occasion I will make an exception. It sThaksins fault that money bags have flown in thrown around the cash like it was rice, its ( Manchester City) a team of mercanaries lured there by the money, Utd and Chelsea are bad enough but this lot are worse. Thaksin has a lot to answer for in English Football.

Edited by nong38

Britannia used to rule the waves, these days they waive the rules. If he is allowed entry into the UK then my contempt for the last several UK Governments, and now this one, soars to galactic heights.

Why? If Thailand and its politicians are unable or unwilling to get their own house in order, why should the UK give a shit about Taksin and his crimes - Thais clearly don't and if their happy, so be it!

Assuming that you are a Brit you'd be happy if the UK had allowed Idi Amin into the country? What about Gadaffi? Or Saddam Hussain? The UK was a prime mover in the Declaration of Human Rights, has signed the accord and ratified it. Thaksin was directly or indirectly responsible for the death of many Thai people and used his position and influence to dishonestly amass a personal and family fortune and the disapproval of this by any civilised country should be made abundantly clear.

May I reming you of Edmund Burke's famous declaration - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." If the UK has just retained a scintilla of the backbone and righteousness it displayed in the years 1939-45 in opposing two other megalomaniacs then I would expect at least 4 lace holes worth of a large boot enter Thaksin's fundamental orifice if he showed his face on the 'sceptred isle'.

I want to see a football match? What a load of <deleted>. He can always come to Thailand and watch 22 young men kick a bladder around a field. Such a statement is right up there with "Please can I go to see the Olympics".

post-35987-0-92394200-1335531578_thumb.j

Thaksin visits Anfield but found he was a few million short of the asking price.

Thatcher, Pinochet, Politics..............

Murky enough for you ??

• Like 1

I dont often support ManUtd but on this occasion I will make an exception. It sThaksins fault that money bags have flown in thrown around the cash like it was rice, its ( Manchester City) a team of mercanaries lured there by the money, Utd and Chelsea are bad enough but this lot are worse. Thaksin has a lot to answer for in English Football.

Well Thaksin gave Man City a kind of first peg up in a while but in terms of wealth Thaksin is a mere piss boy compared to the current owners, and yes they have thrown more money at City than even Abramovich did with Chelsea.

He is a real man of the ppl he really cares for them and understand their poverty and suffering.

The only thing he and the poor people have in common is not having to pay taxes.

BTW everybody, the game isn't at Old Trafford, it's at the City of Manchester/Eastlands/Etihad Stadium ( I know, more name changes than Joan Collins' character in Dynasty). If he meets with City's young mega rich boss it will be strange for Thaksin to be the poor relation for once.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

Will the British Government set up security for him as happened in Laos and Cambodia ???

On a positive note, I don't think they'll have to worry about thousands of Red Shirts coming to the UK to pay homage.

Wrong there going to be a lot of Red Shirt´s, but not from Thailand. rolleyes.giflaugh.png

And not many from Manchester either!

• Like 1

So Thailand is now officially the only country in the world to give any weight to the trumped up, politically motivated charges against the deposed premier.

Hell! And I thought Rip Van Winkle only lived - and slept - in a fairy tale!

He is a real man of the ppl he really cares for them and understand their poverty and suffering.

The only thing he and the poor people have in common is not having to pay taxes.

BTW everybody, the game isn't at Old Trafford, it's at the City of Manchester/Eastlands/Etihad Stadium ( I know, more name changes than Joan Collins' character in Dynasty). If he meets with City's young mega rich boss it will be strange for Thaksin to be the poor relation for once.

I stand corrected, trust me to pick the only google reference that had it wrong . I wont pick my lottery numbers tonight. It would be lovely if the new owner said to Thaksin, sorry we have put you in the box next door, this box is for the really rich!

If my memory serves me right, I believe the UK and Thailand finally ratified an extradition agreement. That wasn't in place when the original charges were made, hence we didn't hand him over. Maybe letting him in on the pretext of watching a game of footy is a ploy to capture the piggy eyed little crook and send him back to do his bird! Remember what they say Thaksin, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime!"

Any body ever noticed he has the work "sin" in his name TWICE!

Funny you should say that because he also has the word sh*t in his name TWICE as well!

But don't tell anyone.

• Like 1

Thaksin has a lot to answer for in English Football.

c'mon now, there are valid reasons to dislike thaksin but this isn't one!

Britannia used to rule the waves, these days they waive the rules. If he is allowed entry into the UK then my contempt for the last several UK Governments, and now this one, soars to galactic heights.

Why? If Thailand and its politicians are unable or unwilling to get their own house in order, why should the UK give a shit about Taksin and his crimes - Thais clearly don't and if their happy, so be it!

Assuming that you are a Brit you'd be happy if the UK had allowed Idi Amin into the country? What about Gadaffi? Or Saddam Hussain? The UK was a prime mover in the Declaration of Human Rights, has signed the accord and ratified it. Thaksin was directly or indirectly responsible for the death of many Thai people and used his position and influence to dishonestly amass a personal and family fortune and the disapproval of this by any civilised country should be made abundantly clear.

May I reming you of Edmund Burke's famous declaration - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." If the UK has just retained a scintilla of the backbone and righteousness it displayed in the years 1939-45 in opposing two other megalomaniacs then I would expect at least 4 lace holes worth of a large boot enter Thaksin's fundamental orifice if he showed his face on the 'sceptred isle'.

I want to see a football match? What a load of <deleted>. He can always come to Thailand and watch 22 young men kick a bladder around a field. Such a statement is right up there with "Please can I go to see the Olympics".

post-35987-0-92394200-1335531578_thumb.j

Thaksin visits Anfield but found he was a few million short of the asking price.

the idigenous british people have no say in what happens in the UK nowadays,therefore leaving the UK with no backbone.

back to the thaksin and football saga,it just makes me cringe and look upon 'his' people as doughnuts.

As a fan of Sir Alex Ferguson's team, it will give me pleasure to know that Thaksin will be there hoping to see the defeat of the Red Shirts aka Man. U.

It is ironic that he will be supporting the Blues, not his favorite color I believe.

Good luck to the Red Devils.

As a supporter of the blue shirts, i hope the red shirts lose...badly.

I too like the red shirt's to lose, but not badly, such as 5-1 or 6-1 because that would be generally regarded as an accidentally troubled Man U. performance, and not entirely due to a perfect Man City play, the result of 2-0. 2-1. 3-1

win of Man-City would be indicative of the fact that Man-U. was at their usual best, and Man-City's victory would then be regarded as a top performance.

I want Thaksin loose, that´s enough for me.

I stand corrected, trust me to pick the only google reference that had it wrong . I wont pick my lottery numbers tonight. It would be lovely if the new owner said to Thaksin, sorry we have put you in the box next door, this box is for the really rich!

Or they might say, hey shorty ......one day this might have been yours...........fancy Rangers?

Glasgow is a bit like Chaing Mai, its up north!

Edited by nong38

No need.

The humble, thrifty, grassroots-minded, man-of-the-people spent 1.5 Billion Baht on his own modest Bombardier Global Express.

globalexpress.jpg globalexpress2.jpg

but he will need a visa.

Let's see if Noppadon is accurate for the first time in his life.

Edit to add:

biggrin.png realizing you might have meant a ticket to the actual game, I'm sure the salt-of-the-Earth trillionaire can find a scalper.

Say, now there's a job for his legal aide Noppadon.

"Noppadon, go make yourself useful and find me good seats.... and oh yes, make sure the Manchester City players wai me before the game."

That's quite a step up from the old days, when there was a minor row in Parliament, because he'd used an RTAF-flight to transport friends up to Chiang Mai, for a family/business-event. IIRC it was claimed that any Thai-citizen could just show up at Don Muang airbase, and have a chance at any empty seats on military-transport flights ?

But I note the source's careful wording in the OP, that he would still need to "walk into any UK embassy, to apply for a visa ", and many of us are familiar with the time it takes to obtain an appointment and a simple tourist-visa, and that many applicants are rejected.

Whether it's Blue or Red, this guy's ready to step in and play

23-1.jpgthaksin_football.jpg

Just look at the way he dribbles! He could be the new Lionel Messi, or Thailand's equivalent. Edited by nong38

I don't really understand how a fuguitive, who has been convicted and sentenced in absentia by a legal court in Thailand, can have a chance of getting a visa to the UK.

If Thaksin does manage to get into the UK, and into the football ground, his gurning face will be picked up by TV cameras. You'd think that there would be enough policemen there to slap the cuffs on him.

This stinks. It's not just about whether you like Thaksin or not.

As a matter of principle, can a convicted criminal get a visa to the UK just be stepping into an Embassy and applying for one?

I would rather hope not.

He has no diplomatic status, so is applying for a visa like any commoner. I sincerely hope that the British government apply the rules in the same way they would with any commoner.

Dont forget that the Prime Minister "call me Dave" was in the area drumming up business for the destitute UK economy not so many weeks ago and its only a football match after all isn't, what possible harm can that do?

Look out for the politicians 3 card trick, its sometimes called "find the visa".

I have an Idea, I buy a billion dollar jet, fly into Heathrow- dodging the 3 hour immigration (ha)Todays news)or Manchester)be on the run convicted of crime, extradition treaty avail (not sure if that applies) in his case,  and Hey presto, I have loads of money, sweet mouth, 2 faced, will I be welcome, (I had to sell CITY, because of my problems). If the government deals with the Ruperts of this world surely a bit of dosh will win me favours !!!!!

I don't really understand how a fuguitive, who has been convicted and sentenced in absentia by a legal court in Thailand, can have a chance of getting a visa to the UK.

If Thaksin does manage to get into the UK, and into the football ground, his gurning face will be picked up by TV cameras. You'd think that there would be enough policemen there to slap the cuffs on him.

This stinks. It's not just about whether you like Thaksin or not.

As a matter of principle, can a convicted criminal get a visa to the UK just be stepping into an Embassy and applying for one?

I would rather hope not.

He has no diplomatic status, so is applying for a visa like any commoner. I sincerely hope that the British government apply the rules in the same way they would with any commoner.

He was here for the trial and only skipped out on the final part of it.

His lawyers did attend. He also declined to appeal.

Edited by animatic