New Ipad Available Today

nikster

I got an email at 3:00 am so I guess it was available for sale at midnight.

Online orders here:

http://store.apple.com/th

5-7 business days wait, just like anywhere in the world. The prices are as good or even better than US-prices if you consider US prices are without VAT but Thai prices include VAT.

It's likely that all the official dealers, e.g. iStudio and such, will have stock of the New iPad as of today. They should be getting a few every day. I just didn't feel like taking that chance - who knows, TIT, and I am in Chiang Mai which generally gets stuff only after BKK.

^In the Siam Paragon Apple store today the New iPad 16 GB/WiFi version was marked at 16,650, and when I asked if that included VAT (7 %) I was told, yes, it did. Not sure if you can recover that at the airport, or if indeed it was an accurate answer.

^In the Siam Paragon Apple store today the New iPad 16 GB/WiFi version was marked at 16,650, and when I asked if that included VAT (7 %) I was told, yes, it did. Not sure if you can recover that at the airport, or if indeed it was an accurate answer.

How come 16,650?

Powerbuy is selling at 16,500. U can get 7% VAT refund form from all powerbuy

New_iPad_detail2.jpg

How come 16,650?

Sorry, I made a typo, I meant to type 16,500.

Just done a comparison for the Thai v Uk prices for all the 4G models.

Prices include the tax refund at the airport ie Vat free on theThai price , using conversion rate of 49Baht = £1

16GB £390 Thai v £499 UK

32GB £448 Thai v £579 UK

64GB £505 Thai v £659 UK

iPad2 wifi + 3G

16GB £257 Thai v £429 UK

Pretty good savings for those from the Uk here on holiday or indeed expats doing Visa runs

European prices are crazy... anyone know if they are in stock in CM? Didnt check today but will tomorrow...

I was at iStudio Central Air port yesterday around 5.30pm. No Q. Pick up a 16GB wifi. Impulse buy. tongue.png

Goddammit, should not have ordered! It's 7 business days shipping! I do get an engraving but that's probably also the reason I now can't cancel my order.

Prices include the tax refund at the airport ie Vat free on theThai price , using conversion rate of 49Baht = £1

16GB £390 Thai v £499 UK

32GB £448 Thai v £579 UK

64GB £505 Thai v £659 UK

iPad2 wifi + 3G

16GB £257 Thai v £429 UK

Pretty good savings for those from the Uk here on holiday or indeed expats doing Visa runs

Apple has a policy that everything is sold for the same price worldwide but they stated because VAT is so high in the UK they couldn't absorb the extra. I have to go back to Blighty in a few weeks & would have preferred to have bought it there as the consumer laws are stronger in the EU but I'll be damned if I was going to pay an extra £150+ for the prvilege.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

16GB £390 Thai v £499 UK

Apple has a policy that everything is sold for the same price worldwide but they stated because VAT is so high in the UK they couldn't absorb the extra. I have to go back to Blighty in a few weeks & would have preferred to have bought it there as the consumer laws are stronger in the EU but I'll be damned if I was going to pay an extra £150+ for the prvilege.

VAT-free prices: Thailand (7% VAT) 364, UK (20% VAT) 416.

That's still a difference of £50 or $80. Apple is just taking the piss in Europe. 10 years ago they did this everywhere - seemingly didn't care that Apple products were supremely expensive all around the world, except in the USA. Since then, prices in Thailand and most other places have come down to US level - and why not. Europe is the holdout though - the markup in Europe is significant from Apple's side, and of course the 20% VAT there makes it even worse. 20% VAT... it's crazy.

They love to use the VAT as an excuse, but that is only half the story.

I don't understand it to be honest, this is just hurting Apple....

Edited by nikster

Played with one yesterday in Phuket. That thing was hot! And I do mean, hot. I had to put it down it was so hot. Did I mention it was hot?

Been using one since US launch everyday. Never has it got so hot that I had to put it down. Must have been faulty. They get warm especially gaming but not that warm.

Mine arrived today! Not too bad,ordered Friday morning, and got it Monday morning. I really can't complain.

Interestingly this one shipped straight from the FOXCONN factory in Shenzen to my door step.

• Like 1

^ And is it hot??

Nope. I did notice it got warm when it was charging via USB. Since then I've used it for the things I normally use the iPad for, and it's not hot at all. Not even warm.

I *love* the high res screen - you have to see it to believe it, this is the best screen I've ever seen, on any device.

I got mine in white this time, and indulged myself with a little luxury and put the red leather magnetic cover on - it looks fantastic.

It's noticeable thicker than the iPad 2. But that's because there's way more battery in it.

One thing I can't figure out is how to manage my prepaid 3G card with the iPad. There seems to be no solution which is odd. The iPad can't send SMS so you can't check your balance. The guy in the True store suggested I take the SIM out, put it in my iPhone, and check that way - lame!

Update: It did get warm today, for no real reason, just using flipboard. I had a feeling it was doing something bad and restarted it, then it was fine. I imagine there will be a software update at some point.

Also I figured out how to use the prepaid 3g card, see another post here. Harder than it should be but ok at least it works now

32GB White Wi-Fi Ipad 3 models are impossible to purchase from supposed "Apple re-sellers" who just happen to be owned by the same individual / individuals. Istudio, Banana I T, Ilife, all one company. Finally ordered one via the supposed Apple Store web page. Took 3 days to arrive, directly from China. When is Apple going to open up a store they actually own?

They're opening stores everywhere no idea what's the holdup in thailand...

@warm yes would have still put it in my lap... and I think it was a bug as did not happen anymore afterwards even though I was using the same apps...

About being hot, I went on a 4 hour teamviewer binge setting up cygwin for openssl and if you complain about it being hot you never set a macbook on your lap... anyways my galaxy s2 during phone calls gets hotter than this thing. The temperature thing is just anti hype to a product that is the best at what it does, haters guna hate

Enable your cellular data, then go to General then About, next a notification should pop up saying do you want to upgrade carrier settings, click yes. Then go back to general and press network then the option will appear also a Personal Hotspot option on the side bar

Does anyone know how to use the new Ipad as a personal hotspot? It seems that this option is not visible in the settings. Is this a carrier (I have 3G with True) or an OS issue?

Enable your cellular data, then go to General then About, next a notification should pop up saying do you want to upgrade carrier settings, click yes. Then go back to general and press network then the option will appear also a Personal Hotspot option on the side bar

Does anyone know how to use the new Ipad as a personal hotspot? It seems that this option is not visible in the settings. Is this a carrier (I have 3G with True) or an OS issue?

Thanks a bunch this worked. People at True shop could not tell me that simple thing!