Camping Site

phutoie2

Are there any camping sites around Ban Phe/Mae Phim areas?, particularly near the beach. I see to recall a few years back a hotel in Mae Phim where the locals pitched their tents in the grounds.

Its too hot up here in the central plains and need a few days of sea breeze, plus I have just bought a tent and it needs evaluating.

There is always the beach road but that raises security issues, I will have two hounds with me plus a not very keen on camping wife. A nice sea food meal will sort that.

Thanks

C Charlie

Sweltering plains Phetchabun.

ph34r.png

Thanks mate, for the link, already do a bit of camping in the National Parks up here, but I was sort of looking at the coast line in Rayong province.

Trucks packed already and leaving Sunday so will find out for myself.

ph34r.png

We do a load of camping in the Andaman but that is all closed up and quite a distance for you anyway. It's nice to know other Thai/Farang campers exist.

I believe there are some park/s along the coast outside Chantaburi. Of course there is Samet which is a national park w00t.gif I do not know if they have any camp sites or amens, I would and never have step foot there.

Have a look at this!!! CAMPSITE!

http://web3.dnp.go.t...p?npid=211&lg=2

If you look on the graphic @ ranger station on Chang, will show camping icon. Some times you just have to go and gamble. You can almost always drop a tent near the ranger stations if nothing else. Not easy to locate a good number but have the gf/wife call.

http://www.thaifores...11S1T1P4N3E.GIF

>>>>>> Have your gf/wife post something up on trekkingthai - they will know sure what is possible in Chantaburi or Trat provs.

Good luck and happy camping!

Edited by bangkokburning

PS (Sorry). Just thought of something - in Chonburi province there is a Navy base in Sattahip (Ban Sare, 30km south of Pattaya). You can drive on base with a pass. You may have to give up your dr lic and pp and so's id card. OK, so you drive on in and head down to the beach. They have bungalows there I recall and it is SUPER quiet. Mostly daytrippers, boats and songtaew from Pattaya. I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU CAN CAMP but worth asking. Its a decent enough beach and day trippers leave early.

The food at the Navy base is stellar and reasonable as well. There is a restaurant also on the beach, but that is not the one I am referring to prior. One is an outdoor restaurant, the other a large food shack.

If you cannot get a tent site or a bungalow, you can get a cheap ac room in Ban Sare and just hang out under the trees eating and drinking all day on the water with a nice view of Pattaya Skyline. It is not Pattaya (!) and while BS does have a Red Zone, it is fine for couples and families.

Edited by bangkokburning
  • Like 1

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. Made a decision to try the outdoor life a few years back when it was becoming increasingly difficult to find hotels/guest houses that take dogs. Though I have found a local vet who looks after dogs, her fee's are quite high.

Though I am ex forces, my camping is based on the old saying "any fool can be uncomfortable", so I now have most of the essentials and we only go for a few days at a time anyway, no long expeds.

The last few days up here it has been over 40C, in Rayong I notice it is in the low 30's, and if a sea breeze is blowing, all the better.

I came to camping as a kid in scouting. Always enjoyed it, I was a crappy scout, but I was a great camper :-))

Years ago, when I had enough of the bungalow / backpacker BS, I just fell into camping. I met my girlfriend camping. It is a great way to meet women, especially if you can sort them out. My GF had worked in a large NP in north Thailand after uni. She is a pretty rugged little camper.

We are headed for a great camping trip in USA in a few weeks as well.

What is not to love. In the Andaman you often get to put your tent right at waters edge, some of the prettiest beaches in Thailand (after all, they are NPs!). How much - the most you will pay is in the Similan park where you are forced to take one of their tents as well (B300-500 nt). Other than that, I know places where you can camp for as little as B30 and even - free. Yup, two years ago I spent a few days on ________ island and the ranger would not take my money. Even gave me free squid dinners a few times after I had helped the family tidy up by raking leaves.

You can have your Railay and Maya beaches - they might be lovely without all the BS about them, they they are a horror show with it. What an <deleted> drama! Then you toddle on back to your B3500 a night hotel - 500m from the beach with no view.

Camping - LOVE IT!