California Wow Fitness Bankrupt Sued By Bangkok Bank

Rimmer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These fitness places have a bad reputation for being giant ponzi schemes.

There is that gym in Pattaya down in the A One Hotel on Beach Road and soi 3 that looks quite nice. Probably could get a good deal there if you dont wanna use

I was a member of that A One Hotel gym and found it to be very good. Had a couple of chaps going round wiping down the used equipment pretty constantly. The only problem, for me anyway, was how freezing it was in the change rooms. They have a sauna and steam room which are part of the the change rooms but the icy a/c was/is terrible and reckon it could be unhealthy.

The only problem, for me anyway, was how freezing it was in the change rooms. They have a sauna and steam room which are part of the the change rooms but the icy a/c was/is terrible and reckon it could be unhealthy.

If the gym is cool, then that is very healthy. You can work three times as hard in a cool gym. (I'm using the word cool, because people complain it's icy here when it gets to about 22C which is not icy and not cold). California Wow maintains 20 - 22C - bloody fantastic!

Edited by tropo

Cwow won't close or the banks will get nothing.

I still how you can accept Tony dual pricing that make you feel like shxt...

I even prefer California sales than the double pricing of the retarded...

It's not looking good for my lifetime membership in Pattaya. We've always been concerned about their liquidity, but this confirms it.

I'm sorry but in this day and age I don't have faith by any organisation whatsoever who promise they will provide their services for my " lifetime "whistling.gif

there simply too much financial instability and turbulence in the world

It's not looking good for my lifetime membership in Pattaya. We've always been concerned about their liquidity, but this confirms it.

I'm sorry but in this day and age I don't have faith by any organisation whatsoever who promise they will provide their services for my " lifetime "whistling.gif

If you haggle them down to a good price and get 2-3 years from it, then your doing OK.

Please - I'm not naive enough to believe a gym will stay open for my lifetime - unless I have a tragic accident or something - it's a gamble going in. So far California has cost me 3300 per year - can't complain about that.

If the business model requires a constant stream of new memberships and the longevity of the place is seen to be at risk, then the operational costs will quickly drown the inadequate revenues from current memberships. Somehow those 'life' memberships need to be dumped.

Please - I'm not naive enough to believe a gym will stay open for my lifetime - unless I have a tragic accident or something - it's a gamble going in. So far California has cost me 3300 per year - can't complain about that.

That's about what it's worth so nothing to brag about. And as I said, most people (but certainly not you) believe the "lifetime" in question refers to theirs.

Edited by FarangBuddha

If the business model requires a constant stream of new memberships and the longevity of the place is seen to be at risk, then the operational costs will quickly drown the inadequate revenues from current memberships. Somehow those 'life' memberships need to be dumped.

These type of "business models" are called "Ponzi" schemes.

Shit!! Excuse me?!? How the fubar do you get the Thai bank to give you 75 million to open a fitness center(s) and what the fubar do you spend that much on?

Just for starters, commercial quality cardio machines are very expensive. The basic models probably go for over USD $10,000 each.... so that's about 3 machines per million baht. It adds up in a big fitness club.

and the machines equipped with FUBAR cost an additional premium.

That's about what it's worth so nothing to brag about. And as I said, most people (but certainly not you) believe the "lifetime" in question refers to theirs.

Brag about? You want to hear bragging? OK, I'll go a step further... I'm having the best workouts of my life at California Wow and I've been training all over the world for 35 years and 9 months.

The Cybex Arc trainer they have at California is hands down the number one best cardio machine in existence. Just to use that in a room cooled down to about 22C in tropical Asia is worth 20,000 baht per year.

(If you want to see working out you're welcome to come down and observe how it's done)

...and as I said, most people who aren't mentally retarded do not need a reminder from you that lifetime membership refers to the length of the gym operation. You must be meeting some pretty naive people.

Anyway, I'm heading down there for a workout now. Hopefully the doors are still open.

Edited by tropo

maybe the use of the word " lifetime " is how he was able to con a Thai bank to give him 75 million baht ?

Surprised the Chevrenots [sp] (one of the richest Thai-Chinese families and primary shareholders of Bangkok Bank) fell for the WOW scheme; that Levine must be a real slick operator.

there were also some supposedly astute investors on the Bernie Madoff list

Back to topic.

Still open today. Averaged out the workout cost me 11 baht assuming 1 day off per week.

All the staff are adamant that there is no chance of it shutting down any time soon.

Edited by tropo

Back to topic.

Still open today. Averaged out the workout cost me 11 baht assuming 1 day off per week.

All the staff are adamant that there is no chance of it shutting down any time soon.

I hope ypur right although the staff 'might' be the last to know. I hope not as I am a lifetime member and just paid the 100 baht yearly renewal fee.

Back to topic.

I hope ypur right although the staff 'might' be the last to know. I hope not as I am a lifetime member and just paid the 100 baht yearly renewal fee.

I certainly wouldn't put too much faith into what the staff are saying. One day at a time at this stage - milking the lifetime for every last workout we can....

Back to topic.

I certainly wouldn't put too much faith into what the staff are saying. One day at a time at this stage - milking the lifetime for every last workout we can....

So what are you wasting your time here,you should be at California now.biggrin.png

Back to topic.

Shades of Dominoes Pizza

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Back to topic.

So what are you wasting your time here,you should be at California now.biggrin.png

Reading Thaivisa is not a waste of my time.

I train once a day - that'll do. Obviously I'm here to get the latest info on how the gym is going as I'm a member. Why are you wasting your time posting on this thread? Trolling?

I train once a day - that'll do. Obviously I'm here to get the latest info on how the gym is going as I'm a member. Why are you wasting your time posting on this thread? Trolling?

The feeling for humour is obviously lost with certain members.

I'm afraid that smell must come from somewhere closer.

Please go away and make jokes in another thread where people will possibly appreciate your humour. We'd really like to keep this thread informational - about the current status of our gym.

Thanks.

Nobody is really interested in how hard and strong and how often you work out.

With your burning 1000 calories in a hour sessions and still having a waist over the size 40 you must be doing something wrong.

Overstraining will eventually catch up with you

that is why you gave the gym up for nearly a year a while back.

now back on topic you are right about California wow being a great gym

Edited by Rimmer

Nobody is really interested in how hard and strong and how often you work out.

With your burning 1000 calories in a hour sessions and still having a waist over the size 40 you must be doing something wrong.

Overstraining will eventually catch up with you

that is why you gave the gym up for nearly a year a while back.

now back on topic you are right about California wow being a great gym

(That's old news. The waist has dropped 5 inches and it's defined. I now burn 1200 - 1300 in an hour long session)

The topic is not about California Wow being a great gym. The topic is about whether or not it's going to close.

Now please, find somewhere else to troll.

Edited by tropo