New Electricity Charges From May 1St

Vatman

The price of electricity increases on May 1st from an average of 3.5 Bt per unit to 3.8 Bt per unit. This has been reported in the press.

The lady who comes around every month with the electricity bills tells me that the current `under 90 units free` will be reduced to `under 50 units free`. This I have not seen reported & having previously received erroneous information from this same source I wonder if it is correct.

Can anyone confirm it?

It's not the 1st 90. It applies to consumers whose total monthly usage is less than 90 units. Applies here in the Udon Thani Province don't know about elsewhere. Our bill is about 3.65 Baht/unit at the moment, inc VAT. Haven't heard of an increase.

It's not the 1st 90. It applies to consumers whose total monthly usage is less than 90 units. Applies here in the Udon Thani Province don't know about elsewhere. Our bill is about 3.65 Baht/unit at the moment, inc VAT. Haven't heard of an increase.

Where does it say 1st 90 in the original post? It doesn`t. Pay attention at the back of the class.

I believe that it is nationwide. We have never had low enough consumption to qualify. When it started i think that if your total use was less than 180 units the bill was half-price. We did manage to get a couple of bills haf-price.

If you are in an apartment and the landlord charges you for electricity, you won't be eligible, only if you have an account with the electricity company.

I've been getting free power on one of my meters for years. It will be interesting to see if I am finally hit with this new change. I have found it kind of ironic, like being a welfare case for Thailand. Makes up a little bit for any double charging, I reckon.

I believe that it is nationwide. We have never had low enough consumption to qualify. When it started i think that if your total use was less than 180 units the bill was half-price. We did manage to get a couple of bills haf-price.

If you are in an apartment and the landlord charges you for electricity, you won't be eligible, only if you have an account with the electricity company.

It only applies to people on ag. meters.

I've been getting free power on one of my meters for years. It will be interesting to see if I am finally hit with this new change. I have found it kind of ironic, like being a welfare case for Thailand. Makes up a little bit for any double charging, I reckon.

how many meters have you got?

Possibly the meter you are not being charged for belongs to someone else.

how many meters have you got?

Possibly the meter you are not being charged for belongs to someone else.

Two. It is indeed my meter.

i have an acount with the government and i nnever counted the usuage before

the bill was aways just a few hundred B and i paid it

i will check to see the actual units though ........

The "free" service obviously doesn't apply to greater Bangkok. My house was flooded under 2.7 meters of water, which was finally drained near the middle of January. For 2 months after that, I had no usage at all, because I was waiting in the queue for a chang to replace my circuit breakers, outlets and wiring. Since March, the only usage has been a trickle for spot lights and a fan by the various contractors who are trying to repair all the damage.

Nevertheless, I always get a bill. It was 41 baht even when my usage was absolutely 0.

So the "free" government program is obviously either region specific or has a rash of conditions that normal people don't qualify for.

Where does it say 1st 90 in the original post? It doesn`t. Pay attention at the back of the class.

I was referring to wana's post above mine. Make sense now? Shifting to the front again!