Kawasaki Mini Gp (Bonanza Circuit, Khao Yai)

karlos

Decide on what you will be taking to the track yet Tony? Versys or brave it with the ER?

Decisions decisions ;)

Prolly the Versys - headed over to ShowPow tomorrow to get some Supercorsa's put on. The Scorpion Trails are about shot.

See you on Sunday!

T

Decide on what you will be taking to the track yet Tony? Versys or brave it with the ER?

Decisions decisions wink.png

Prolly the Versys - headed over to ShowPow tomorrow to get some Supercorsa's put on. The Scorpion Trails are about shot.

See you on Sunday!

T

Decisions decisions

See you on Sunday!

T

mmmmm, sticky licky

I'm popping over to Realmotosport...again, as the retards over tightened my chain. Such a simple item to adjust and the mechanic (who was new) cocked that up! I would do it myself but i live so close that i want them head mechanic to be aware of his apprentices mistakes.

I also had to take up the throttle slack myself after asking them to do that

the neutral light still doesn't come on after asking them to fix that

oh and i also had to top up the engine oil as it was more or less on the minimum mark after i got back home.......

Yes a letter of complaint has been sent, but TIT :D

How lucky are you that Colin & Luke arn't allowed to race in the ER6 class, will miss watching those guys clean up.

In two minds if i should change my rear tyre before this event.

It's good for another 1000-2000km in the center of the tread and will do me fine for the ride there and back.

However with 90% of the wear being in the middle of the tyre i'm concerned how it would handle at the track when leaning the bike over?

On the road i'm comfortable with the tyre in it's current conditions, however the last thing i want to take to the track would be a brand new tyre that has hardly been scrubbed in.

What are your thoughts??

New tyre but stay off the track?

Continue with the old tyre that's scrubbed in and have a half hearted blast around the track?

I say get new tires for the track day so you can actually get out and enjoy yourself. Riding on shagged tires is no fun.

Takes only a lap or two to scrub them in.

Pirelli Supercorsas are a fantastic road / track tire.

I'm thinking I might throw some on the Versys and ride that to the track this weekend since the ER6 is in no way road legal.

See you there!

Tony

I wish Colin and Luke the very best for their upcoming SB1 season!

How lucky are you that Colin & Luke arn't allowed to race in the ER6 class, will miss watching those guys clean up.

In two minds if i should change my rear tyre before this event.

It's good for another 1000-2000km in the center of the tread and will do me fine for the ride there and back.

However with 90% of the wear being in the middle of the tyre i'm concerned how it would handle at the track when leaning the bike over?

On the road i'm comfortable with the tyre in it's current conditions, however the last thing i want to take to the track would be a brand new tyre that has hardly been scrubbed in.

What are your thoughts??

New tyre but stay off the track?

Continue with the old tyre that's scrubbed in and have a half hearted blast around the track?

I say get new tires for the track day so you can actually get out and enjoy yourself. Riding on shagged tires is no fun.

Takes only a lap or two to scrub them in.

Pirelli Supercorsas are a fantastic road / track tire.

I'm thinking I might throw some on the Versys and ride that to the track this weekend since the ER6 is in no way road legal.

See you there!

Tony