Who Likes Steak & Kidney Pie

I psnly dislike steak & kid - anything with offal - but on Sundays Sportsmans on Pattaya Soi 13 has a roast buffet which includes a great S & K pie - big, juicy, soft thick pastry. All you can -

I pick out the kidney, like many others here, but just love the rest.

P.S. Check if it is still on if you go - I haven't been for a year or so -

P.S. not an ad, just love it

I miss Steak and Kidney Pudding even more, now that IS pub grub at it's best!

See how kidney divides people, you either love it or hate it.

Yes I agree steak & kidney pudding is even better than pie, need suet to make nice pastry, then steamed in a pudding bowl.

I also love calves liver barely cooked about meduim rare, with some nice air dried bacon or pancetta, english mustard and onions.

I also love Ox tongue and Ox tail is awesme as well.

When my Isaan GF took me to an Isaan restaurant she was gobsmacked I loved all the offal,it was love when she saw I could eat same food as her.

Except som tam laos, nuclear hot, with that evil evil smelling fish slop in it.

I like normal som tam without that crap in it however.

Suet is available in the baking section of Tops (definitely the Food Market in CentralWorld). I had been thinking that a lot of these import prices for food were steep. However, during a recent visit over here by my Mum she was checking out the prices for many items in Tops and found the prices to be around 10-20% different, not as big as I thought. She did laugh at the "Essential" range being sold for such high mark-ups.

So, back to the original point. Decent steak and kidney from Foodland, Atora (always loved that this is an anagram of Aorta!) suet from Tops, now to find a decent pudding basin and some cloth.

HELLO

i want to eat PIES / APPLE PIES and in buri ram in isan and I found a shop which get this king of meal for expact community in this city They are also french products such as cheeses. jams etc and wine it is located beetween BIC C to the left and MAKRO RGDS ALAIN

HELLO

i want to eat PIES / APPLE PIES and in buri ram in isan and I found a shop which get this king of meal for expact community in this city They are also french products such as cheeses. jams etc and wine it is located beetween BIC C to the left and MAKRO RGDS ALAIN

A frenchman who likes apple pie:D

Always better with a slice of melted cheddar

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Some people just seem to have a problem with those tender organs - kidneys, liver, sweetbreads (brains) Prairie Oysters

(testicles).

I once ordered a meal of liver and bacon in a restaurant in Prince Rupert in Canada - if the waitress had been able she would have brought the plate out balanced on the end of a long stick. She wanted nothing to do with it. Fortunately the chef didn't have the same problem.

Maybe it helps to be older and have experienced these foods as a youngster when money was short and the cheapest meats we're welcome on our table.

Sweetbreads are not brains. Both delicious though. Pairie Oysters are bison testicles which sadly not had opportunity to try yet. Why waste any edible part of an animal? The tripe in Thailand is fantastic and prepared in many different recipes.

HELLO

Good effort at promoting your products.

Buriram is indeed blessed as it also has the excellent Buriram Pieman aka Star Foods. I am not connected, I just like his pructs - incuding fruit pies and crumbles.

I think the place that you are referring to got this review on a local forum:-

Went to look for this place the other day on the way back from golf. Went passed it three times. Finally found it. Supermarket it is not. It's basically, at the moment anyway, a small shop area inside a Thai mom pop shop. Got a few jars in there. Didn't buy anything as there was nobody serving. Just an old Thai lady in there that didn't know about the stuff. Bit disappointing really.

Love it, except for the kidney bit.

I tried it once and felt the same.

Soak the kidneys in milk in the fridge over night before using. removes completely the smell of pi (urine) that sometimes you get with pork kidneys and softens the texture.

Love it, except for the kidney bit.

I tried it once and felt the same.

Soak the kidneys in milk in the fridge over night before using. removes completely the smell of pi (urine) that sometimes you get with pork kidneys and softens the texture.

Didnt really need to know that.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

What odour? its all part of the flavour and smell of a good S & K pudding, Mum used to make them with the suet, fry and seal the S & K with chopped onins, then add hot water and chopped mushrooms,sweet small peas,once the meat is tender, pour into a suet lined bowl, fit the top layer of suet, wrap in muslin cloth and steam for 1.5 hours, we would have the suet top as a starter, then the rest with new potaoes, carrots and white sprouting brocoli, or any other veg of the day, bootifull,

by the way, mum nor me would never take the middle of the kidney out, the white fatty bit, although all recipes tell you to do this,

Here in Namsomnia, the english part of a menu reads Fried Internal Organs, never tried it, and no wish to either,

Back home my mate's dad had a petrol station with a small shop attached. One day I went round and his dad was clearing the cooler cabinet of all the George Adams products that were going to be out of date that day. "You lads can have them rather than go to waste" he said.

Cue an afternoon of smoking a few spliffs at my gaff indulging in the pleasures of steak and kidney, beef and onion and pork pies, curry pasties, sausage rolls all in the company of Messrs Colmans, Branstons and HP.

Steak n kidney...steak n onion...steak n mushroom....steak n potato......all good

Any steak pie arroy mak mak, I have had a couple of really nice steak and chilli pies here in Australia really really good.