7. 21

Thailand Live Wednesday 9 October 2024

8. 0

Warning issued for 16 areas in Bangkok at risk of flooding

9. 54

Surprised no reaction from BYD owners on this forum

Helmet Security/Storage On Versys

commande

Tired of always having to carry my helmet around everywhere I go after parking the Versys. Generally I ride 2 up on the bike so of course this means to expensive helmets (Shark Evoline Series 2 with Sharktooth Communications installed on both helmets). The hooks under the seat will not work with the helmets as these helmets don't have a hook of any kind on the strap.

Any ideas how to secure the helmets to the bike even if requiring adding extra parts? Don't really want to add luggage to the bike at 1,000 USD and I don't think the luggage would be big enough to store the helmets anyway plus it would make it very hard to ride around in town due to the extra width of the bike.

Suggestions and comments appreciated.

I use a bicycle lock, sit the helmet over the ignition on the handle bars and lock it there... I wish there was a better solution though. I also wonder if it would have killed them to put some sort of helmet securing system on the bike... would be so easy,

For two helmets you could get that jumbo-sized givi top box that fits 2... Its huge though, questionable aerodynamics and looks, lets not even talk about that.

The advantage of my solution: The bicycle lock costs 100 baht.. Its one with 4 numbers on it, not really intended to fend off a determined thief, more like preventing opportunists. I like to not have to fiddle with a key though.

Edited by nikster

Get a couple of 3000baht real helments for around town that way you can leave on bike and if stolen not that big of a deal and save your good helmet for road trips, when the rides are longer, stopd fewer and communication needed.

I keep a small bicycle cable lock under the seat- piece of cake to lock helmets to the bike.

I like the bike lock suggestions. I have a Xena disk lock and they sell an extension cable for it. Might check that out as it would enable everything to be tied together with the alarm/lock which works rather well engaged on the brake caliper. Just have to check that the cable is long enough if not bicycle cable it is. Great simple solution - thanks for the advice!

Oh, just in case people haven't seen these bike locks - http://www.xenasecurity.com/home/current/lock/ They sell them in Bangkok but I purchased mine in Pattaya at the Kawasaki dealership for around 3k baht. Works great...