Need Librium Asap. For Alcohol Withrawl

scorpio

im in pattaya, been on binge for 2 weeks, got inner shakes and tremors which wont stop. can come off drink without something to make my nerves settle, im hot and nervous and cannot sleep. bought blue diazepam off pharmacy but their fake and dont do anything.

is this normal to feel inner tremors whilst drinking , im drinking morn, noon, nite now because i cant relax or sleep.

thanks

scorpio...I sympathise; I have been in your situation a few times. Even if you could get Librium, I doubt it would help the situation.

If you feel the alcohol withdrawal might be too much for you, book yourself a three-day hospital stay. Otherwise, stop drinking alcohol and start drinking lots of water and prepare yourself for two or three difficult days (by difficult I mean sweats, delusions, confusion, insomnia). By the third or fourth day, you will feel so much better.

In my experience, there is no easy way out. Bite the bullet and get it over with. Good luck.

I agree it's better to have people around you and keeping an eye on you like in hospital. It helps distract the mind.

The drug, if you really need one, is heminevrin, a shorter acting benzo on a planned reduction for a 6 day course reducing every two days. Avoid caffeine.

It is still a nasty experience but it will pass.

If possible keep your mind and body busy doing simple tasks so you have some physical relaxation later in the day it will help.

Cheers

Edited by cheeryble

Benzos are illegal to buy or sell over the counter in Thailand, can only be gotten from a hospital pharmacy. They are also extremely dangerous if taken while there is alcohol in the system or vice versa.

I have 2 pieces of advice:

1.See a doctor who specializes in substance abuse so that you can detox under medical supervision. Dr. Somchai Malasukhum at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital would be a good choice. he's there Monday thru Friday 10 AM - 5 PM (3 PM on Fridays).

2. Go to an AA meeting, you'll meet plenty of people who have been where you now are. Or call one of the AA contacts in Pattaya. http://www.aathailand.org/

less important but also a good idea would be a high potency Vitamin B Complex supplement, this you can get at any pharmacy, Boots or Watsons

thanks,

its terrible being here as so much temtation in bars and not good when your alone. im trying to stay off whiskey now, i havent drunk whisky sang som in 2 days, im drinkling only beer now and trying to keep it down to 6 bottles in day and maybe same at night, i changed my ticket as i want to get home quick so i will need a few beer on flight in 3 days time ( feels like 3 years ) gradually reduce it as i have lots of librium at home.

Concur entirely with Sheryl AA may help keep you occupied for a couple of days which is useful in itself and maybe someone will help keep an eye on you.

Why not get home even faster if poss?

You have plenty of librium at home?

Rather than self treat I'd put myself under supervision ASAP when you get home or you may end up with not just an alcoholic episode but a benzo addiction. I should know I was addicted to Ativan for fourteen years it was murder to get off and took a very long time indeed which would make a few days of alcoholic nerves seem a trifle.

Over several periods I found both AA and NA were not exactly the thing for me.....but merely having something to amuse you and take up the time you might otherwise spend in bars is worthwhile.

The fact is AA saves lives in critical times.

Alcoholics usually go through gradually worsening episodes which are increasingly ruinous to their lives.

You have just ruined a holiday but it can and will be lost relationships and jobs and worse..Off it for a few months then bang in the gutter again.

Sounds to me like you are at an early stage.

I suggest you recognize this crossroads and make the heroic efforts and resolve necessary.

If you think you're going through pain now wait til you get the full blown DTs.

So get home and get help.

Good luck!

thanks guys,

back home now, stopped drinking just before i hit the airport, flight home was ok and no shakes or nothing, i got home this morning and have felt ok , just depressed as hell but no shakes or dt,s just very bad dreams for 2 nights. its funny how i was shaking everyday from withdrawl symptoms but last day or so have had none. im really going to try and stay off dsrink now , that last episode was terrible and i think sang som whiskey done me no favours.

thanks guys,

back home now, stopped drinking just before i hit the airport, flight home was ok and no shakes or nothing, i got home this morning and have felt ok , just depressed as hell but no shakes or dt,s just very bad dreams for 2 nights. its funny how i was shaking everyday from withdrawl symptoms but last day or so have had none. im really going to try and stay off dsrink now , that last episode was terrible and i think sang som whiskey done me no favours.

Good luck, not easy to quite the demons inside. We all have to deal with our vices.