In Growing Toe Nail Removal .

banglay

Hi All ! Looking for a descent Clinic in or around Pattaya /Bang Saray/ Sattahip that is proficient at painless ingrowing toe nail removal....it has to be painless my G/F is a wimp .

Cheers

Clinic?.....would you trust a clinic? Why not use your local hospital? Removal would be entirely painless as they would inject local anesthetic to the toe before removal. Healing would take about 7-10 days with daily dressing changes which you could do yourself with sterile dressings obtained from pharmacy. Such a minor op. with only slight discomfort post-op.

it is not painless anywhere , they cut open the skin and trim out the nail then stitch it back up.

JimmytheWimp! biggrin.png Seriously, with a local anesthetic post-op pain is minor, usually limited to toe pulsing until healed, but because of the preponderance of nerve endings even a breeze from a fan could cause discomfort until it is healed if dressings are removed. Sooner it's done the better.

Antibiotics should not be necessary but I doubt you'll find a hospital that wont script them , especially if you have to pay!

I had mine done in Bangkok Pattaya hospital at a total cost of 3,000 Baht.

But then they wanted me to come back every day to have the dressing changed at a cost of 500 Baht a time. Sod that, I did it myself.

A colleague had his done at Bangkok Rayong hospital a week later and paid 1,500 Baht.

I'd suggest going to Queen Sirikit if it's an option.

No cutting of skin and sewing up was necessary and you get a painkilling injection before hand.

Depends which nail has to be removed. Pattaya Bangkok did one for me, totally painless after local anaesthetic. Gave me a little bag with dressings to go, did it myself. 3000 baht.

Big toe nails I don't know about as I had my nail beds removed 32 years ago. Now, THAT was painful

Believe it or not, you can usually find a salon girl that can take care of it if it's not too bad. I've had a couple removed that way after I took some antibiotics to reduce the infection. Cost 100b.

Not sure of the spelling, but it's called "lep khop."

If it's really bad, go to the hospital. Otherwise, hit the pharmacy to get the meds to kill the infection, then hit a salon.