What'S The Going Rate For A Good Blessing?

UKJASE

my girlfriend wants our new house blessed by the local monks, and has been to the local temple, and three of them are coming on friday

they are bring a "special" buddha sculpture, and will do the blessing in the morning, so that we get lots of good luck in the house, and ward off bad spirits and stuff....

this all sounded good, until the missus said we have to give each monk 500B, plus 1000B for the buddha sculpture, plus food and toiletries to take away.......

all in all it's going to cost more than 3,500 B.....

i am all for good luck, but surely we are starting on the wrong foot here as being 3500B down sounds like quite a lot of bad luck!

is this the standard rate for a blessing, or is my girlfriend being overly generous with my hard earned??

she reckons the more we invest now, the more good luck will come back at us at a later date..... it sounded reasonable when she put it like that i guess, but now i sit and write this here, i am not so convinced....

Sounds about right...considering it is going to be your home for a long time and will make your partner comfortable....its not really a lot to pay....dont forget she may also want to get a dream house, thats another few thousand

Edited by PattayaPhom

At least she isn't asking to convert to the Mormon religion, where its followers are obliged to give 10% of all they earn to the church.

Although most of us feel these blessings are complete nonsense and waste of money, think of it as a house-warming gift for your GF.