Pheu Thai Role For Newin?

webfact

Pheu Thai role for Newin?

The Nation

30181114-01_big.jpg

Newin

BANGKOK: -- A key government figure yesterday refused to rule out the possibility of banned politicians linked to the opposition joining the ruling Pheu Thai Party once their five-year political ban ends on May 30.

"We are all fellow compatriots. Although we are dissatisfied with each other, there is some agreement. We may also be angry at each other, but friendship still remains," said Pheu Thai leader Yongyuth Wichaidit, responding to the possibility of the banned politicians joining Pheu Thai. He also neither denied nor confirmed a rumour that banned veteran politician Newin Chidchob, who is now linked to the opposition Bhum Jai Thai Party, has been approached to join the ruling party.

"He is now with Bhum Jai Thai, but I don't know about his political future. Nobody can tell what will happen. Please don't make me speak. I don't think my prediction will be precise," Yongyuth said.

Yongyuth, also deputy prime minister and interior minister, said that so far none of the 111 former executives of the disbanded Thai Rak Thai Party had sent any signals about joining the ruling party on their political return.

Regarding the possibility of any of those politicians joining the Cabinet after their ban ends, Yongyuth said it would depend on their capability.

Thai Rak Thai, founded and led by former premier Thaksin Shinawatra, was dissolved for electoral fraud by an order of the post-coup Constitution Tribunal on May 30, 2007. Its 111 executive members at the time were banned from election for five years.

In related news, opposition and Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva yesterday welcomed the end of the ban on opposition members. He said they had the right to make a political return and offer themselves as choices for voters.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-02

One can picture the scene at a meting place concerning these worthless unprincipled creatures.

A005684.jpg

I disagree with your scenario. Continuing with the analogy, it's more like the disciples deciding they're a bit short on numbers, and asking Judas if he would consider coming back.

BTW Don't bother, I know he was dead.

I disagree with your scenario. Continuing with the analogy, it's more like the disciples deciding they're a bit short on numbers, and asking Judas if he would consider coming back.

The Nation's report is just talk.The Government doesn't need Newin and I imagine there is still a measure of bitterness towards BJT.The suggestion that the Government would bribe - images of Judas and thirty pieces of silver - BJT to join is comically askew since that was exactly what had to be done to form the army backed Abhisit administration.Don't you people have any memory at all of recent Thai politics?

• Like 1

The Nation's report is just talk.The Government doesn't need Newin and I imagine there is still a measure of bitterness towards BJT.The suggestion that the Government would bribe - images of Judas and thirty pieces of silver - BJT to join is comically askew since that was exactly what had to be done to form the army backed Abhisit administration.Don't you people have any memory at all of recent Thai politics?

Can't YOU people read and comprehend? Start from the beginning, one syllable at a time "I disagree with your scenario." Geddit?

Can't YOU people read and comprehend? Start from the beginning, one syllable at a time "I disagree with your scenario." Geddit?

Huh?

"Continuing with the analogy, it's more like the disciples deciding they're a bit short on numbers, and asking Judas if he would consider coming back."

As I said comically askew - your comment is very pertinent to the Abhisit administration but meaningless in relation to the current government which is not short of numbers.

I think it is you that doesn't have any memory (or knowledge) about Thai politics. The Chidchops and thier clients have been key part of every government for the at least the past 20 years. This past year has been an anomaly that will soon be corrected.

TH

• Like 1

Considering their need to marginalize the Reds and the loses in recent by-elections maybe getting old school political clan back in the fold is prudent. And Thaksin must know that HE personally ran off Newin in Hong Kong totally favoring Chalerm over him and causing insufferable loss of face.

It's not like they all haven't held the knife to each others throats at some point in ALL their pasts, and then gotten back to business a few years later.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

I think it is you that doesn't have any memory (or knowledge) about Thai politics. The Chidchops and thier clients have been key part of every government for the at least the past 20 years. This past year has been an anomaly that will soon be corrected.

TH

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs.

As to incorporation of BJT you may be right though as earlier mentioned it's just talk at the moment.My main point was just to comment on the ludicrous suggestion that this government would have to abase itself by bribing the faction.That was precisely the role performed by the last government and its army controllers.This government with a Prime Minister at a popularity peak according to the latest polls, doesn't need BJT in the way that the Democrats did.

One can picture the scene at a meting place concerning these worthless unprincipled creatures.

A005684.jpg

One can picture the scene at a meeting place concerning these worthless unprincipled creatures.

Man with Money bag: Gen. Anupong Paochinda

around table : Friends of Newin

Not pictured : Abhisit

Edited by phiphidon
  • Like 1

What is funny is that you are all basing your pertant biased ideas on a misprint.

The article said

"Regarding the possibility of any of those politicians joining the Cabinet after their ban ends, Yongyuth said it would depend on their capability."

What it was supposed to say was

Regarding the possibility of any of those politicians joining the Cabinet after their ban ends, Yongyuth said it would depend on what Thaksin tells them to do.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 2

It seems that there are friends, 'eternal friends' and "fellow compatriots", Amazing Thai Politics ! laugh.png

It certainly makes sense for Thaksin to bring back this breakaway-faction into his political machine, despite the name-calling & vitriol of the past few years, since it further cements his PTP-led government in-power.

And the previous hatred can surely be forgotten in an instant, unless one is an honest Red-Shirt, and there are lamentably few of those, I suspect.

Perhaps the Friends-of-Newin MPs might sit next to General Sonthi in Parliament ? rolleyes.gif

And I wonder what ministerial-posts might become available, for the new fellow compatriots, in the coming reshuffle ? wink.png

It seems that there are friends, 'eternal friends' and "fellow compatriots", Amazing Thai Politics ! laugh.png

It certainly makes sense for Thaksin to bring back this breakaway-faction into his political machine, despite the name-calling & vitriol of the past few years, since it further cements his PTP-led government in-power.

And the previous hatred can surely be forgotten in an instant, unless one is an honest Red-Shirt, and there are lamentably few of those, I suspect.

Perhaps the Friends-of-Newin MPs might sit next to General Sonthi in Parliament ? rolleyes.gif

And I wonder what ministerial-posts might become available, for the new fellow compatriots, in the coming reshuffle ? wink.png

At last a sensible and quite perceptive comment.I wouldn't dissent from any of this except to note that the PTP bigwigs (ok, Thaksin) might feel the negative political repercussions too much to pay for strengthening the coalition numbers when (unlike the Abhisit puppet government) Newin's support is not really needed.It would be a coldblooded political calculation not one driven by ethics or ideology.

<deleted>! Newin was a Thaksin crony who left, shafting the PPP/TRT/PTP as he went. Now it seems that they are making overtures to have him rejoin their gang of thieves, which I compared to the disciples inviting Judas back.

Have you heard the joke about the blonde Irish retard? He didn't get it either.

<deleted>! Newin was a Thaksin crony who left, shafting the PPP/TRT/PTP as he went. Now it seems that they are making overtures to have him rejoin their gang of thieves, which I compared to the disciples inviting Judas back.

You have already made a fool of yourself - most people are very aware who paid the 30 pieces of silver to secure Newin's support.Now you are making flaming comments about retards.Most people will draw their conclusions.

You have already made a fool of yourself - most people are very aware who paid the 30 pieces of silver to secure Newin's support.Now you are making flaming comments about retards.Most people will draw their conclusions.

Newin can be bought from everyone.

Thaksin bought him before. Than the Democrats bought him and Thaksins wife called him for a higher offer but he rejected, now Thaksin is buying ihm again.

• Like 2

Thaksin bought him before. Than the Democrats bought him and Thaksins wife called him for a higher offer but he rejected, now Thaksin is buying ihm again.

Well I never.You have made a post which has delighted me.It's rather cynical (not that it's possible to be too cynical on this subject) but has the hallmarks of truth, and in the Thai political context your observation is spot on

Just two comments

1.The military arranged the bankrolling for the Dems and in practice I doubt given the stakes involved for the unelected elites Thaksin could have topped the preferred bidder

2.The current wooing is just talk.There are significant cons as well as pluses for the PTP.Anyway let's see what transpires.

Spot on. There is a name for someone of this character but it escapes me at the moment.............not really.

I have already pointed out twice that my first comment was "I disagree with you scenario." I have in no way supported any claims about payment of 30 pieces of silver, in my reply to a prior post that did. For some reason you have chosen to direct your comments at me, making false accusations re my post. That seems simple enough for most people to understand so I will assume that you are being deliberately obtuse and trolling.

And yet it IS the Pheu Thai party boss saying these things..... So maybe its an olive branch ... Thaksin is known for dotting the i's

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

And yet it IS the Pheu Thai party boss saying these things..... So maybe its an olive branch ... Thaksin is known for dotting the i's

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

he doesn't' appear to have said anything in particular. more speculation from the nation than anything else.

• Like 1

Well I never.You have made a post which has delighted me.It's rather cynical (not that it's possible to be too cynical on this subject) but has the hallmarks of truth, and in the Thai political context your observation is spot on

Just two comments

1.The military arranged the bankrolling for the Dems and in practice I doubt given the stakes involved for the unelected elites Thaksin could have topped the preferred bidder

2.The current wooing is just talk.There are significant cons as well as pluses for the PTP.Anyway let's see what transpires.

Well I see it slightly different, but at the end there isn't much of a difference.

1. I doubt that there was much bankrolling necessary. Newin, Banharn and the other politicians for rent was told that they can't continue like that. It just won't be possible. And if they try they'll loose much. But as an offer they can remain on their feeding stations. So for them it doesn't make much difference if PPP or Democrats they can continue to be corrupt. Maybe a little payment to grease that deal. It is well known that there were many phone calls to buy out some MPs from the deal and the leader worried that much that they all had to stay in the same hotel to check on each other. That's actually the lowest state politics can reach. In my opinion there were no thoughts about: good for Thailand, good for the people, poor or elite, liberal, left wing, right wing etc etc. Just everyone tried to make the best deal for himself.

2. Yes, but as more parties they can bring in the government or even fusion into the PTP as easier it will be keep the power.

3. I think that is only the tip of the iceberg of dirty dealings. There are a lot worse things going on which we just don't know about.

• Like 1

Silly thread. The Nation speculates and the gang with hate in its heart takes it as the gospel. ( I thought I would keep with the religious allusions of this thread.) However, trmost rational people will see this as blasphemy.

A dose of reality is needed. Newin isn't joining PTP until he gets down on his knees and begs for forgiveness from the Grandmaster himself. He would then have to make some sort of public display of contrition. I doubt that he will do that as such a move would burn all bridges to his former masters in the military and their lackey, Mr. Abhisit. PTP doesn't need Newin, but he needs them now as being on the sidelines must be making a dent on the ummmmm lifestyle, to put it politely.

One thing is certain; Thai politics have enough twists and turns that should make a soap opera fan happy.

Silly thread. The Nation speculates and the gang with hate in its heart takes it as the gospel. ( I thought I would keep with the religious allusions of this thread.) However, trmost rational people will see this as blasphemy.

A dose of reality is needed. Newin isn't joining PTP until he gets down on his knees and begs for forgiveness from the Grandmaster himself. He would then have to make some sort of public display of contrition. I doubt that he will do that as such a move would burn all bridges to his former masters in the military and their lackey, Mr. Abhisit. PTP doesn't need Newin, but he needs them now as being on the sidelines must be making a dent on the ummmmm lifestyle, to put it politely.

One thing is certain; Thai politics have enough twists and turns that should make a soap opera fan happy.

Newin goes with who pays more......Thaksin pays good.....