Laptop Battery Shop

expatman

I'd like to buy a new battery for my laptop (Asus model X8AIJ).

I know Pantip or Fortune Town will have what I want SOMEWHERE, but any recommendations for specific shops and their LOCATION ? Any idea of what it will cost ?

I haven't been to Panthip in about six months, so this is from memory and things may have changed.

There was a place on the top shopping floor (I forget the numbers). Go to the back where you enter the labyrinth of repair and cheap junk shops,at the right-most entrance to the area facing the back of the building you'll see a well-lit (and respectable-looking :) counter with displays full of batteries, power supplies and replacement modules. I can't vouch for them myself.

My experience in buying replacement batteries is that the official ones are at least double the price of others. Then again, just because they charge you double doesn't mean you're getting the genuine article. Buyer beware.

I haven't been to Panthip in about six months, so this is from memory and things may have changed.

There was a place on the top shopping floor (I forget the numbers). Go to the back where you enter the labyrinth of repair and cheap junk shops,at the right-most entrance to the area facing the back of the building you'll see a well-lit (and respectable-looking smile.png counter with displays full of batteries, power supplies and replacement modules. I can't vouch for them myself.

My experience in buying replacement batteries is that the official ones are at least double the price of others. Then again, just because they charge you double doesn't mean you're getting the genuine article. Buyer beware.

Thanks for the directions. I easily found the place and bought a new battery for 2,400 Baht.

Yesterday I called the ASUS shop, but they couldn't tell me anything except the price (4,500 Baht), as it appears they don't have their inventory online (this for a computer manufacturer !). They promised to call back, which they did today, but said they don't have that model in stock anywhere in Thailand.

Fortune town has a few places, I would just tell you to wander about but I have seen at least the bulk of such shops on the right side of the mall - looking At the mall from the front. Amorn floor has Mr Battery and I think the floor below has shop dedicated to laptop batteries.

You can replace the inside batteries yourself. Try Instructables or such sites.

Fortune town has a few places, I would just tell you to wander about but I have seen at least the bulk of such shops on the right side of the mall - looking At the mall from the front. Amorn floor has Mr Battery and I think the floor below has shop dedicated to laptop batteries.

You can replace the inside batteries yourself. Try Instructables or such sites.

There used to be a shop at Panthip that did this, it was on the ground floor in the back, but not any more. I suspect it's upstairs among the repair shops now.