True Move H

bangkokrick

I used to be with Hutch for my mobile internet connection and moved over to True H when they took over Hutch. Went to the shop in Pattaya and came away with my new True move H dongle. Easy set up and I was soon surfing at 7.2 MBPS. Oh happy day. Two days go by and then I am told by sm's that they will be limiting my Internet speed due to me breaking the 'fair usage policy'

I use the Internet for general surfing, email and to watch a few Youtube videos and live streaming from time to time. The reason I paid a higher subscription is so that I could do the aforementioned without the videos breaking up, otherwise I could have stayed with the slower speed. Is anyone else being 'choked' by True?

What is fair usage>

Do you know which plan you've subscribed to?

TrueMove H, as do all mobile broadband service providers here, limit the access speed to 128 Kbps, or possibly 384 Kbps, once you have uploaded and downloaded the capacity for your plan.

So if you have the Net799 plan you get 3 GB upload and down load for one month, once you exceed the 3 GB threshold they restrict your speed to 128 Kbps (or maybe 384 Kbps, their websites offer differing speeds).

This is necessary to limit people from hogging the very limited spectrum.

Alternatively they could charge per MB once you go over your cap; they'd make more money this way but this p*sses customers off more than the speed limits, so it's the lesser of the two evils.

Hi Lomatopo my speed has been restricted to 384 Kbps and I think that I am on the 3 GB limits so that ties in with what you say. I will have to be a little more careful next month. Thanks for the explanation.

It's only an extra 100 baht for 5gb rather than 3gb... If your usage habits nuked a 3gb package in 2 days, being "a little more careful" isn't going to help much. :)

I find I can get about a week out of a 5gb package then potter along at 384kbps for the rest of the month...

It's only an extra 100 baht for 5gb rather than 3gb... If your usage habits nuked a 3gb package in 2 days, being "a little more careful" isn't going to help much. smile.png

I find I can get about a week out of a 5gb package then potter along at 384kbps for the rest of the month...

Thanks Bobl I will look into that.

To the OP.......sorry I cant quote you. Thaivisa why is there still no quote icon on initial post ??

Anyway can I ask how much your True Dongle was in Pattaya and what price you pay for that 3gb limit ??

Is coverage good all over Pattaya in particular east of Sukumvit or the darkside as some like to call it ??

Edited by Chivas

Ok, so I had a 30 day package with True Move H for 3g to use with my aircard as previously mentioned. I used up my allowed fair usage (3g)... so now I am trying to purchase a new plan so that I can get off of the bare minimum reduced internet speed it allows for. But this does not appear possible.

When I enter in the code of the package I want to order, the SMS reply in Thai says that I already have unlimited internet. But I just want to start over so that my internet speed goes back up again. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Do I seriously have to wait until the end of the 30 days and cannot buy a new package right now?

Ok, so I had a 30 day package with True Move H for 3g to use with my aircard as previously mentioned. I used up my allowed fair usage (3g)... so now I am trying to purchase a new plan so that I can get off of the bare minimum reduced internet speed it allows for. But this does not appear possible.

When I enter in the code of the package I want to order, the SMS reply in Thai says that I already have unlimited internet. But I just want to start over so that my internet speed goes back up again. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Do I seriously have to wait until the end of the 30 days and cannot buy a new package right now?

My thoughts would be just to buy another Sim ??

I had similar issues with AIS last summer and in the end just purchased a Dtac sim and interused the pair...

Edited by Chivas

To the OP.......sorry I cant quote you. Thaivisa why is there still no quote icon on initial post ??

Anyway can I ask how much your True Dongle was in Pattaya and what price you pay for that 3gb limit ??

Is coverage good all over Pattaya in particular east of Sukumvit or the darkside as some like to call it ??

http://www3.truecorp.co.th/truemoveh/shopping/14

It looks the least expensive aircard is 1,390 baht.

You can buy aircards anywhere, you do not have to buy a TrueMove H branded one, but it will need to support 3G: 850 Mhz.

http://www.totalaircard.com/categories/Truemove-3G-Aircard/

The 3GB Unlimited plan is 799, http://www.truemove-h.com/freetosurf.aspx

I think you have to cancel your current package before you can subscribe to a different package.

Hi Chivas

I am paying 999 Baht a month for my package and it works well in my location which is actually on the darkside, so no worries. I think I paid around a 1000 Baht for the upgraded dongle to replace mu original Hutch dongle.

In my experience you will have to wait for the 30 day period to complete. I am being choked for 75% of the month every month, not so good from the users point of view.

Hi Chivas

I am paying 999 Baht a month for my package and it works well in my location which is actually on the darkside, so no worries. I think I paid around a 1000 Baht for the upgraded dongle to replace mu original Hutch dongle.

Ok thanks for that...