Big C,Tesco Lotus Sara Buri,Lop Buri

punisher

Hi,I noticed there is again a shortage of Coke and Pepsi.In December 2011 thei said its because of flood,what problem is it this time?

Are Pepsi Thai and Coke Thai American companies or are they working on their own?If they belong to USA mother company,would'nt it be time to inform the mother company of the problems here in Thailand?The way they do here in Thailand is damaing the image of Coca Cola and Pepsi

They both appear to be struggling to recover from the effects from the floods (fyi more than a third of companies closed have not made any recovery yet). As soon as stock is received it is quickly sold resulting in bare shelves until a new brew can be made/sent/received. In addition Pepsi I believe is still transferring distribution channels. Even here in Bangkok shelves will be full one day and bare for a week.

They both appear to be struggling to recover from the effects from the floods (fyi more than a third of companies closed have not made any recovery yet). As soon as stock is received it is quickly sold resulting in bare shelves until a new brew can be made/sent/received. In addition Pepsi I believe is still transferring distribution channels. Even here in Bangkok shelves will be full one day and bare for a week.

I understand that,but Pepsi and Coca Cola are allover the world,so if Coke and Pepsi here in Thailand can't produce enough for the Thai market,then they should get some from Malaysia,or Vietnam or even from USA

The world is not a free market and shipping is not gratis and anything sold in Thailand must be approved and labeled in Thai.

To take this to extreme I was in Guinea when Coke constructed a bottling plant. Unfortunately the engineering team was so occupied with just getting material and workers to build the plant they forgot they have to dispense the soda in bottles and had neglected to check on that (Guinea money was worthless outside the country). There was no source and no money to import so no Coke.

The world is not a free market and shipping is not gratis and anything sold in Thailand must be approved and labeled in Thai.

To take this to extreme I was in Guinea when Coke constructed a bottling plant. Unfortunately the engineering team was so occupied with just getting material and workers to build the plant they forgot they have to dispense the soda in bottles and had neglected to check on that (Guinea money was worthless outside the country). There was no source and no money to import so no Coke.

Hi again,this is the response from Coca Cola

Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company. We appreciate your interest in our Company.

Although you may not be aware, our Company manufactures beverage syrups that are sold to a network of bottling companies in the United States and overseas. These bottling companies are local businesses. Consequently, this is a matter that would need to be handled by the Coca-Cola division office that serves your area.

You may wish to contact the Company division office responsible for your area at:

Coca-Cola (Thailand) Limited

4/F, Thai Nam Thip Building

214 Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road

Tung Song Hong, Laksi

Bangkok 10210

Thailand

Tel: (66) O 2835-1000

Fax: (66) 0 2835-1023

We hope this information is helpful. Should you have additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us again.

Kim

Industry and Consumer Affairs

The Coca-Cola Company

Please use the record number below should you have additional questions.

{ticketno:[8001410388]}