Any Places Online To Listen/Practice Intermediate To Advanced Levels?

davejonesbkk

I get very little time to actually speak Thai or listen as Im mainly alone in front of a computer all day, I taught myself to read in the last 2 years and although that does help me with understanding the language I really need much more time to listen and speak especially for more intermediate and advanced sentence structure.

Ive been looking online for video and audio clips that I can use but it all seems to be very, very basic stuff like 'hello whats your name' blah blah. I used the Benjawan Poomson books before but I found having to skip through tracks on the CD annoying also the intermediate level one wasnt so great. I bought her advanced book but there is no CD for it and its all reading.

Any help and links would be appreciated, paid or free.

There's CD for Becker's advanced series, but I only bought the book. I regretted the decision so I tried to look for only the CD in the major bookstores in bangkok, but alas, I failed to find it.

katana, that's a very good link. Thank you.

Edited by AngelofDeath

There's CD for Becker's advanced series, but I only bought the book. I regretted the decision so I tried to look for only the CD in the major bookstores in bangkok, but alas, I failed to find it.

Why not order them? The contact address is in the book.

I am currently watching one of the Intermediate podcasts (http://learn-thai-podcast.com/) while going through the Thaivisa weekly review. I think it is brilliant. The conversations are with real people from the street and often I initially do need understand them while when they explain it it turns out that I already knew most of the words. Furthermore they have also lessons on grammar and vocabulary. As stated it is not free but for me worth the money. Another source for me is YouTube where there are many Thai soaps, commercials, movies with or without English subs (eg. search for: thai eng sub).

I recently had a similar thread. I received many good links and I also found some myself.

Yeah, the CD's for the Benjawan Pomsoon books are pretty annoying. I barely touched them myself, though I did work through the books.

I have the advanced book and CD, and I went through about half but now I've shelved it for a while. I think the vocabulary it teaches it not optimal and many of the essays it features are quite boring to read.

I'm quite enjoying a couple of learning methods currently:

*Learning Thai hit songs

*Watching English movies with Thai subtitles, pausing every phrase to read it.

I'm also working on something super awesome which I think you'd find very useful; I'll share that later when it's ready.