Yi Peng/Mae Jo Launch 2012 Date? Help!

Makkusu

Hello!

Struggling to find a date for the 2012 lantern release in Mae Jo. I've come to understand that it's usually held a week before the Loy Krathong (28th November 2012), it's also to my understanding that it's held on a weekend... However, we don't have 7+ days to stay in CM and would like to know what weekend would it most likely be held on, 17th or 24th??

My girlfriend and I have dreamed about seeing this for very long now and we're just at the stage of booking domestic flights around Thailand so we're going to have to take a gamble on what date we'll be in Chiang Mai. =(

Would be grateful if anyone who has experience of this event could help give AT LEAST and educated guess what weekend it'd be.

Thanks!

If I recall correctly, last year the date was unclear right up until the event. Good luck obtaining a solid date for the event half a year ahead. I suggest you plan to be in Chiang Mai for Loi Krathong proper. At least the moon can be relied upon not to be confused on when it's full. Unlike the management of a certain temple belonging to a certain sect.

• Like 1

Still no luck in obtaining a proper date, TAT Chiang Mai are hard to get hold off but apparently don't know anyway.

Very annoying, try be there for the 24th as it fits in well with our itinerary and fingers crossed it's then, would be great if anyone could post anything they hear. Thanks.

Also, my girlfriend is pretty much in awe of this lantern launch we'd rather see that than the parades etc of the Loy Krathong.

This is the foundation that did it last year, but I went to the free event on the 29th Oct not the $100 event on the 9th november http://yeepenglanna....ernational.html maybe they will update their website soon for this years event.

I got an email a while back from that company saying they'll hold it again this year on 30th November (may cost the same or more), however it may be a little underwhelming compared to the local event. I hear last year it rained during the $100 launch and wasn't very good.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that the Mae Jo lantern release is always at least a week or 2 before the Yee Peng celebration dates.

Since Loy Krathong full moon night this year falls on Nov 28 which is a Wednesday, it's unlikely that the Mae Jo lantern date be Nov 30th, rather confusing.

Can someone update ?

I understand that the Mae Jo lantern release is always at least a week or 2 before the Yee Peng celebration dates.

Since Loy Krathong full moon night this year falls on Nov 28 which is a Wednesday, it's unlikely that the Mae Jo lantern date be Nov 30th, rather confusing.

Can someone update ?

There are two events, the first is the traditional local launch which is free to attend (date unknown), the second is an international ticket only event which costed $100 last year (30th November).

Saw that there was an expensive pay event last yr. but went to see the free one the last 2 yrs and it's amazing! Fortunately it's down the street for me and I biked over a few times before to find out when it was being held and even then I could only confirm it right before.

Can someone update ?

There are two events, the first is the traditional local launch which is free to attend (date unknown), the second is an international ticket only event which costed $100 last year (30th November).

Thanks, what about the actual days of Yee Peng celebrations in Chiang Mai ? They normally have it for at least 3 days and the last day is the best, not sure now whether this Nov 30th $100 event day falls in among the 3 days.

Saw that there was an expensive pay event last yr. but went to see the free one the last 2 yrs and it's amazing! Fortunately it's down the street for me and I biked over a few times before to find out when it was being held and even then I could only confirm it right before.

Can you let me know which date was last year's pay event ?

Sorry I can hardly remember events I went to this month never the less ones I didn't last yr. but other posters said Nov. 30th. Now i have a question for you, what w/the name Healthcaretaker esp. for someone who urgently needs deep fried pork skin?!?

Sorry I can hardly remember events I went to this month never the less ones I didn't last yr. but other posters said Nov. 30th. Now i have a question for you, what w/the name Healthcaretaker esp. for someone who urgently needs deep fried pork skin?!?

Well, your question is out-of-topic, you should PM me for that.

My nickname already give you the clue for the answer to your question, don't understand it ?