Reasonable Priced Hotel ...Bit Of Newbie Travel Advice

sidjameson

I will be taking a van from Victory Monument in BK to Pattaya.

Meeting a girl who work near Central Festival.

Never been to Pattaya before, hoping for a hotel that is easy to get to from where ever the van stops in Pattaya and easy for the girl to get to after her work finishes.

Will 1000 baht get me something reasonable?

Any recommendations?

The bus from Ekamai is 113Bt. and you will need a 20Bt. ride from the Pattaya terminal to the beach.

Sabai Lodge, Beach Rd., Soi 2 may be what you are looking for.

Edited by pauljones

A friend stayed recently at the Green hotel in Pattaya Soi9.

Physically next to Central Plaza.

Was about 1,000 Baht (maybe less)

Basic but pleasant.

When searching for a Hotel I usually start with this website ... http://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Green_Hotel_Pattaya.htm

As it looks at almost all the other Agents, Agoda etc.

As for the Bus ... Ekamai works for me.

Stay with the minivan from Victory. Good choice. Faster than big bus. Google diana-oasis / pattaya great little place in very central location and very friendly crew. Close to Soi LK and all the entertainment incl. Champagne Gogo and many more. If you wanna treat yourself and your gf. try the Hilton buffet. Great and promos going on. JL.

thanks everybody.

I like the Green hotel in soi9...

If I take the bus from ekkamie and get off at the terminal, how is best way to get to soi 9?

Baht bus at the bus terminal.

This hotel is right next door also. I stayed there a few years ago. It's OK. The side facing the mall was quite quiet at night....luckily.

http://www.baronbeach.com/

The rooms at Baron are 2500 THB+.

If you are on 2nd road outside Central, go south against the traffic about 5 minutes to soi 9 (also known as soi Skaew Beach) which is full of inexpensive guesthouses with hot water, wifi, fridge, AC.

Try Florida hotel on the corner or Cheena House further up. Clean, quiet, and about 400-600 baht/night negotiable. Then you are near Central, the beach, soi buakow (market, restaurants, 100 baht/hour massages), songthaews, etc.

This hotel is right next door also. I stayed there a few years ago. It's OK. The side facing the mall was quite quiet at night....luckily.

http://www.baronbeach.com/

The rooms at Baron are 2500 THB+.

If you are on 2nd road outside Central, go south against the traffic about 5 minutes to soi 9 (also known as soi Skaew Beach) which is full of inexpensive guesthouses with hot water, wifi, fridge, AC.

Try Florida hotel on the corner or Cheena House further up. Clean, quiet, and about 400-600 baht/night negotiable. Then you are near Central, the beach, soi buakow (market, restaurants, 100 baht/hour massages), songthaews, etc.

wow! I spent 1000B when I was there 2 years ago! I did see 1500B listed on one of the hotel booking sites....