Irish Stew

peter6007

As the owner, I would like to reply to the post and apologise for not doing sooner. I actually wrote a long reply a short time ago but for some unknown reason it disappeared from the screen.

I will go over things again and anyone who knows me will confirm that I would never use a false name or ask anyone to post on my behalf. It is not my style.

I am sorry but many staff and customers have suggested that Peter was well under the influence. No big deal, been there many times myself.

Also it was not 7.30 pm but after 10 pm. We know that for sure as the Liverpool game was on at the time. That night we were showing the Liverpool game as the main one downstairs and Man Utd

game as the main one upstairs. We also programme our 6 tv's so cutomers can follow both games at the same time. Peter will recall that he made a great deal of fuss and noise in demanding that one of the tv's be changed and this actually resulted in one of our regular customers going off to watch the game elsewhere.

The Irish Stew is still in our deep freeze and available for inspection. I personally bought the New Zealand Lamb and know that we put in a good quantity into every portion. However we have a clear policy that if a customer is unhappy then he is offered a replacement meal and if still not happy he is not charged. My staff say that they had great difficulty in conveying this policy to Peter.

A telephone call was made to me and I advised the caller that I would be back in 15 minutes.

Peter's indiscretions aside, what happened next was worse.

We do have security available but NOT for circumstances like this. We are very much a family bar and security is there in the very unlikely event of there being any trouble. It may seem ironic given the circumstances, that customer safety was our number one concern in making this arrangement.

Totally against my instructions, a senior member of staff decided to call our security guy and what

Peter says happened next is, very unfortunately, a fairly reasonable account of what happened.

When I returned to the bar, Peter had left but his friend told me what had happened. I bought him a pint of Guinness and of course cancelled the Irish Stew bill. He telephoned Peter who was in the bar opposite and invited him to return but this invitation was declined. I can understand this.

I can assure everyone that this was very much a one off and a very full investigation was undertaken. The main sinner just escaped, in no more, from being sacked and all the staff involved have been made very aware that they let the bar down. For my part, as owner, I accept full resposibilty for the situation and apologise sincerely to Peter for what happened. Lessons have been learned.

I very much hope that Peter will come and speak to me in person, and enjoy a free beer and meal on me.

Customer care will always be our number one priority. I think any member of my staff will confirm that I am always looking at ways of improving our service and one unhappy customer is one unhappy customer too many.

Sorry to go on but hope this helps clarify things.

Ken

As the owner, I would like to reply to the post and apologise for not doing sooner. I actually wrote a long reply a short time ago but for some unknown reason it disappeared from the screen.

I will go over things again and anyone who knows me will confirm that I would never use a false name or ask anyone to post on my behalf. It is not my style.

I am sorry but many staff and customers have suggested that Peter was well under the influence. No big deal, been there many times myself.

Also it was not 7.30 pm but after 10 pm. We know that for sure as the Liverpool game was on at the time. That night we were showing the Liverpool game as the main one downstairs and Man Utd

game as the main one upstairs. We also programme our 6 tv's so cutomers can follow both games at the same time. Peter will recall that he made a great deal of fuss and noise in demanding that one of the tv's be changed and this actually resulted in one of our regular customers going off to watch the game elsewhere.

The Irish Stew is still in our deep freeze and available for inspection. I personally bought the New Zealand Lamb and know that we put in a good quantity into every portion. However we have a clear policy that if a customer is unhappy then he is offered a replacement meal and if still not happy he is not charged. My staff say that they had great difficulty in conveying this policy to Peter.

A telephone call was made to me and I advised the caller that I would be back in 15 minutes.

We do have security available but NOT for circumstances like this. We are very much a family bar and security is there in the very unlikely event of there being any trouble. It may seem ironic given the circumstances, that customer safety was our number one concern in making this arrangement.

Totally against my instructions, a senior member of staff decided to call our security guy and what

Peter says happened next is, very unfortunately, a fairly reasonable account of what happened.

When I returned to the bar, Peter had left but his friend told me what had happened. I bought him a pint of Guinness and of course cancelled the Irish Stew bill. He telephoned Peter who was in the bar opposite and invited him to return but this invitation was declined. I can understand this.

I can assure everyone that this was very much a one off and a very full investigation was undertaken. The main sinner just escaped, in no more, from being sacked and all the staff involved have been made very aware that they let the bar down. For my part, as owner, I accept full resposibilty for the situation and apologise sincerely to Peter for what happened. Lessons have been learned.

I very much hope that Peter will come and speak to me in person, and enjoy a free beer and meal on me.

Customer care will always be our number one priority. I think any member of my staff will confirm that I am always looking at ways of improving our service and one unhappy customer is one unhappy customer too many.

Ken

I for one think this is a great reply... I hope Peter gets in contact and resolves this, I also echo B&S post.. sometimes things go wrong... lets hope this sorts it..

The invite is there Peter.. go eat again and report

totster :o

Ken

Was just wondering, who alluded you to the fact that there was a complaint about your establishment :o