A Different Kind Of Tourist

Its now may,usually a quieter month,but samui seems busy to me.OK the bars may not be full but there are a lot of people around,families and couples are coming here for longer stays,the 3-6 month renters.

The main island ring round,at least in the n/e corner is constantly busy,SUV'S and minibuses everywhere,trucks too.

Only hearsay but am told property development is on the rise,over 100 condiminums being built from bophut to banrak,over 50%presold.Stories of russians abound buying up distressed property as well as high end villas.

So is samui seeing a rebound in the property market and visitor numbers,it seems that way to me.

This is all good for property developers and property owners wishing to sell or at least see the value of their property increasing.

I've lived here for 6 years now and love the place(here's the moan though)but dont want to see the place crowded out and built out.

In years to come if this continues i may have to seek sanctuary elsewwhere.

Ok you can all tell me to "bugger off then"

If you are able to track down a costume like this that suit you, you should not have any problems whatsoever in relocating to a new island like let's say the Galapagos and feel at home again laugh.png

post-73039-0-54648900-1336187770_thumb.j

Last week the triathlon. Tomorrow the mountain bike race. This week the bikers.

Not many appear to be here for the property market I guess. Nor are any of them of a particular nationality.

Short term, a good boost to the low season. Great events in my opinion, they add diversity to the calendar.