Getting My Ais 7.2 Mbps Dongle To Work

freedomnow

So I bought the AIS 7.2 Mbps dongle in Pattaya before coming to Chiang Mai and they had it up and running in the shop yesterday after asking the Apple reseller in the next booth to install it as the software never booted into the dmg, but now when I plug it in I have no clue what to put for my

telephone number (this is OK though I'm not sure if I include the *90# in the phone number which seems to be in the phone number box by default.)

account name

password

There are various strings of numbers in my retail box (which is why it is confusing) but I have no idea why it was not saved on first install.

I bought the ZTE MF190 model with the free 30 hours package...

Hair pulling time...just what I bought mac to avoid All software IS installed but the above boxes are blank....

There are also 2 screens for the dongle the network settings

http://img845.images...120505at154.png ..and and the supplied software screen http://img571.images...120505at153.png..so I'm unsure which one to enter the details from the SIM/retail package.

Failing any solution on here, is there an AIS help center in Chiang MaI ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANY WHIZ WHO CAN TELL ME WHERE TO LOOK AND DO !

Edited by freedomnow

I use both AIS and CAT 3G on my USB aircard ( USB modem / Dongle ) running on my iMac , here's my settings ..

Screenshot2012-05-05at45517PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-05at45501PM.png

as you can see I use *99***1# for my AIS setting and it works for me

I guess you removed your name and password as you posted a screenshot but is there a total number of digits so i can hunt around my documentation for my password.I found 3 or 4 strings of numbers in my small retail box.

is the name just your name that you registered with the seller of the USB dongle or is it a username ?

I guess you removed your name and password as you posted a screenshot but is there a total number of digits so i can hunt around my documentation for my password.I found 3 or 4 strings of numbers in my small retail box.

is the name just your name that you registered with the seller of the USB dongle or is it a username ?

Hi

When I purchased this USB air card in Thailand , it came un locked and not dedicated to any 3G provider

My USB air card details

ZTE MF668A

Screenshot2012-05-05at70039PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-05at70106PM.png

Technical Specifications:

• HSDPA/HSUPA/UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
  • GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • HSDPA Downlink 21.6 Mbps, Uplink 5.76 Mbps
  • Compatible with Microsoft Windows and MAC OS
  • Compact size 77 x 28 x 12 mm
  • Weight 28g
  • Idle current approx 100mA, Max 450mA
  • external antenna connection

So I do not have to put in any name or password , just pop in a suitable SIM card and put in only the telephone number details . Sorry I can help with the name or password . Just to add ive tried many USB air cards here in Thailand , and this ZTE MF668A is the best .

see if this may help in any way

https://docs.google....bs51HR6XLA7k6fA

*99# works for me on AIS/One-2-Call as well, leave the username and password blank as verification is done by the SIM information and CPID.

Here are some air-card only set-ups, not to be confused with APNs for smartphones:

Profile Name = AIS, APN = internet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.

Profile Name = DTAC, APN = www.dtac.co.th, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.

Profile Name = TRUE, APN = internet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = true, Password = true.

Profile Name = TRUE H, APN = hinternet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = true, Password = true.

Profile Name = TOT, APN = internet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.

Profile Name = TOT Unlimited, APN = totnetsim, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.

Profile Name = CAT, APN = catinternet, Access Number = * 99 #, User name = blank, Password = blank.

edited to add: I'm assuming you have a SIM, have added value to it and have selected a data plan? You may need to do this with the SIM in a phone?

I would suggest a volume-based plan, but in air-card apps. time-based is OK as long as you remember to disconnect.

http://www.ais.co.th/mobileinternet/en/internet-package/#2

To activate the 1 GB/350 baht plan with the SIM in a phone, enter *133*22# Send/Call (Honestly not sure if this is an SMS service or a USSD service? Some aircard UI's do allow you to originate SMS and even USSD.)

Edited by lomatopo

Thalife wish I'd known that model number 2 days ago !! - ZTE MF668A

Lomotopo....i'll check out your links but I'm getting nothing after the red then green flashing light on the dongle.No network signal or anything.

i guess you knock off the "0" on the phone number when adding it to the *99# ?

Ah..........I just see you insert the dongle number between *99 (and) #

Edited by freedomnow

Thalife wish I'd known that model number 2 days ago !! - ZTE MF668A

Lomotopo....i'll check out your links but I'm getting nothing after the red then green flashing light on the dongle.No network signal or anything.

i guess you knock off the "0" on the phone number when adding it to the *99# ?

Ah..........I just see you insert the dongle number between *99 (and) #

What? No! Don't insert anything, anywhere. Just enter *99#, or *99***1#

In this case # is a symbol, just use the symbol #. It is not meant to represent some other "number".

Edited by lomatopo

I know the problem.I just left my Macbook Air back in my home country and built a hackintosh.It is a glitch between the software and my machine's set-up.

It works as soon as I install the software fresh,but as soon as I restart the signal detection is dead.

Have any of you installed AIS network not with their software, but manually through the network preferences for a ZTE dongle ?

I all so run my ZTE USB air card on my ASUS 17 inch ( Hackintosh ) laptop , running Snow Leopard ( iSnow ) , I had to install the following two packages

Screenshot2012-05-07at31611PM.png

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

The Hackintosh runs well and the ZTE MF668A works fine on AIS & CAT / True .

For some reason the ZTE modem does not show its self in the Hackintosh network preferences panel , only the ZTE connection manager . sorry I can't really give you a better answer .

Just as an add-on,I found the Hauwei E303 card way easier on the battery than the previous AIS card.not sure if that was the software bug or card.

So if you are buying an AIS card I'd go for that one.

Only annoyance with it on my machine is every time I connect it to my machine the USB stick software window pops open as well

as the log-in software widow.

Wish I could disable the stick browser window on it so I jut get the log-on screen coming up.

Think I'll buy the unlimited 799 Baht data plan as the 3G strength is good compared to crappy UK vodaphone network.

glad I bought AIS dongle if only for the warranty help.

I like that blue dongle above but the speed capabilites are well above what AIS offers.