Bangkok Bank Warning

Dear Bualuang iBanking customer,

Fraudsters are currently circulating a Phishing email including website links to trick internet banking customers into entering their personal information, including their User ID, password, account numbers, mobile phone number or One Time Password (OTP).

Bangkok Bank will never send an email to ask for your password or financial information, nor provide a link in an email to ask you log onto online banking. To access Bualuang iBanking, the safest approach is to type the address directly into your web browser (‘www.bangkokbank.com/ibanking’). If you have already received the phishing email, please do not click any links or provide your personal information.

For your security while using Bualuang iBanking, when you receive an SMS notifying you of a One Time Password (OTP) from the bank, please read it carefully and make sure it mentions the same transaction you have made via Bualuang iBanking.

Bangkok Bank works to provide global standards of internet banking security. If you find your Bualuang iBanking page looks unfamiliar, are suspicious of an email sent to you, or think you may have provided personal banking information to a third party, please call Bualuang Phone 1333 or 0 2645 5555 immediately.

Yours sincerely,

Bualuang iBanking

Bangkok Bank is not the only one I constantly get emails regarding SCB bank, I do or did have a SCB bank account but not Bangkok Bank, I wonder if they (Nigerian scammers) got hold of a customer list or if they are just shooting fish in a barrel.

"For your security while using Bualuang iBanking, when you receive an SMS notifying you of a One Time Password (OTP) from the bank, please read it carefully and make sure it mentions the same transaction you have made via Bualuang iBanking."

cheesy.gif

and if the transaction doesn't match, I'm sure there will be a contact number attached to the hacked SMS to ensure your next OTP.

cheesy.gif

If you fall for even a single, one iota, of a single e-mail mentioning bank accounts from your bank then more fool you. E-mails from banks that are authentic are purely advertising.

If you do online banking, because you can't be bothered to walk into a branch, then even more fool you.

In today's world, internet banking is the most attacked target of hackers; and in fact has been for the last 10 years.

As for believing the OP is a genuine e-mail...... quite frankly, if you don't know that most phones are hacked anyway, then I have little further to add.

-mel.clap2.gif

I'm unsure why this warning has been posted online but I've used 'Trusteer Rapport' software to avoid this kind of scam every since HSBC started encouraging all their customers to use it. TR ensures that you are accessing the genuine banking site and even alerts you if you enter a password into a different site. This way, even a mentally bed-ridden pigeon can tell they are on a fake site.