Buying A 3Ds

DavidSL

Hey all,

So, nearing 30, I'm looking at buying a 3DS. Now I know many of you will look at this as a bit strange being a 30 year-old on one of these, but I honestly think they have more to offer me than any other system at the moment. I miss the days when gaming was fun and suitable for all, and I'd like to return to Mario Kart and the Zelda games, if I'm honest. I've only asked at one place in Bangkok, and that was a market seller in Central asking for over 8,000 baht, which is more expensive than at home. Is there anywhere selling factory-sealed consoles in Bangkok? I don't fancy the MBK market sellers, to be honest - I'd rather somewhere I can completely trust. Also, if I buy one here, it's likely to be from China, so is that Europe region (as my PS3 games seem to be...) or US? If not, I'll order from the UK and have it shipped here, but I'm concerned about shipping a system so would like to look around first...

Thanks all!

5900 baht for a 3DS. 7300 for a 3DS plus memory card and 1 game.

http://www.gcorners.com/Products/3ds/3ds-index.html

Your 3DS will be American. Unfortunately for you, the 3DS is region locked in to Japan, North America, and Europe and games won't work between regions. So if you buy an American 3DS in Thailand and go home the games they sell locally will not work. If you import a 3DS from the UK the games they sell here in Thailand won't work. Incredibly stupid decision from Nintendo imo.

Thanks, I'll look into it some more. I'll probably just get one sent over (provided it is properly packaged, though from what I've seen that won't be a problem). It was an awful decision for Nintendo to make, and I can't see ANY reason behind it, to be honest. That said, there are only three or four games I REALLY want to play right now, all available from the UK quite easily.