Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

Wife and step daughters visa application submitted today. Documents already sent to British Embassy. Fingers crossed. hopefully we shall experience a quick turn around as others have received lately.

NOTE: Report from the wife that the new trendy office building that they have moved too is an absolute shambles and her appointment was 4 hours overdue !!

service she received from the VFS staff was a disgrace, rude and insulting. Welcome to Britain!

NOTE: Report from the wife that the new trendy office building that they have moved too is an absolute shambles and her appointment was 4 hours overdue !!

service she received from the VFS staff was a disgrace, rude and insulting. Welcome to Britain!

VFS are a contracted out service and are all, I believe, locally employed Thai staff, I would be inclined to complain about the service to both VFS and the UKVI.

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/feedback_complaints.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/complaints-procedure

Yes we are aware of this. Thanks for the links they should come in handy.

What makes me smile about the new office location is that it is in the soi right behind climax. So for a select few the journey will finish where it began.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Applied via VFS on the 10th April. Received an e-mail on the 6th of May requesting further info about my finances, because I was a bit lapse with the documents i submitted with my first application. Sent updated docs to the ECO. E-mail on the 13th stating a decision had been made. Passport delivered today, and approved. Big relief. Lucky we had previously taken the BULATS test, my sympathies to others who had'nt.

Anyway, One more trip to work, then after 10 years here, we all depart Thailand on the 31st of July for a new adventure back home. Ive had some great times here, but time to go home now. Cant wait to be back with family and friends, and put my son into school at home. Thanks for all the tips from anyone that had replied to any of my previous rants ! Best of luck everyone else.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I applied for settlement visaat 23 of May. I was waiting for over 4 hours for submit. I think it could be better to have 2 separated lines for collecting passport and submitting docs.

Hi guys

I applied for settlement visaat 23 of May. I was waiting for over 4 hours for submit. I think it could be better to have 2 separated lines for collecting passport and submitting docs.

• 4 weeks later...

• Submitted visa on 11th April.

Email from the ECO on 6th May saying that we didn't meet the financial requirement. Emailed back politely telling them that they'd made a mistake.

Email from the ECO on 12th May apologising for the mistake calculating the financial requirement funds, but they can't accept the TOEIC certificates we submitted for the English language requirement. Sent several emails back explaining why they should accept the TOEIC certificates. Never had any reply.

5th June, took the BULATS test.

11th June, collected the BULATS score sheets and took them straight to VFS.

16th June, a decision has been made on your visa

18th June, collected the passport from VFS, VISA APPROVED!

• Submitted visa on 11th April.
  • Email from the ECO on 6th May saying that we didn't meet the financial requirement. Emailed back politely telling them that they'd made a mistake.
  • Email from the ECO on 12th May apologising for the mistake calculating the financial requirement funds, but they can't accept the TOEIC certificates we submitted for the English language requirement. Sent several emails back explaining why they should accept the TOEIC certificates. Never had any reply.
  • 5th June, took the BULATS test.
  • 11th June, collected the BULATS score sheets and took them straight to VFS.
  • 16th June, a decision has been made on your visa
  • 18th June, collected the passport from VFS, VISA APPROVED!

Congrats! just wondering if anyone else has had anything back lately? Suspense is killing me....

My wife applied on May 1st, so that's exactly eight weeks tomorrow and no answer yet. In March & April the waiting times were really short but now it appears to have gone back to normal. It's a nervous wait for sure!

A couple of hours after my above post we've just received the email saying a decision has been made. Going to be a nervous wait now till we receive her passport back which is being sent by courier. Fingers crossed!

A couple of hours after my above post we've just received the email saying a decision has been made. Going to be a nervous wait now till we receive her passport back which is being sent by courier. Fingers crossed!

A group crossing of fingers, good luck.

• Like 1

Cheers mate, that's much appreciated.

i know the feeling, i saw the short waiting times and was hoping for a quick decision.

ha thats typical.

Good luck. hope its good news.

i know the feeling, i saw the short waiting times and was hoping for a quick decision.

ha thats typical.

Good luck. hope its good news.

Just received the mail and it's good news so we're delighted. Thanks for all the support and good luck CH23, hopefully you'll hear some good news soon as well.

Pleased for you mate. The group crossing of fingers obviously worked.

Thanks Jimn.

Yep, we'll have to try the group crossing of fingers for everyone waiting as it did the trick for us. Many thanks Thai visa!!

• 3 weeks later...

visa applied for on 12/05/14 received email on 16/07/12 to pick up 2 days later. shortly after we received an email to say could pick up visa today.

so wife picked up her visa this morning hers was granted and step daughters was refused. I shall start another thread over this dismissal....

• 1 month later...

UK Settlement on-line application submitted 11th August and VFS appointment earlier today (3rd September) to submit all documentation

Will update when we have a result to guage the impact of heavy visa demand as reported in recent posts

smile.png

• 4 weeks later...

To give an idea of waiting times for a Spouse Visa atm, we submitted our application on 25th August 2014 and the British Embassy issued the visa on 10th September 2014. We received the EMS parcel containing our submitted documents and my wife's passport a few days after that.

I can only imagine that the speed of the visa issuance was down to a seasonally low volume of applications. Also possibly due to there being nothing questionable about our application.

So my advice to applicants would be to make your application absolutely watertight. Look at your application from The Embassy's point of view. Be a perfectionist. I think the ECO has the perception and experience to weed out anything they feel is untoward.

Edited by pasak
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

UK Settlement on-line application submitted 11th August and VFS appointment earlier today (3rd September) to submit all documentation

Will update when we have a result to guage the impact of heavy visa demand as reported in recent posts

smile.png

Just had the settlement visa returned and all OK............................so about 9.5weeks to complete the process

For anyone concerned abut validity of the Bulats English test.................Our Bulats Test was accepted based upon the on line application date of 11th August. Still at a loss to understand why Bulats should be unacceptable for applications submitted after 22nd August 14 facepalm.gif

Just had the settlement visa returned and all OK............................so about 9.5weeks to complete the process

Now, you probably don't need an Aussie coming on and talking about Settlement Visa times for a Australia (we call them Partner Visas) but ... I like you to feel good about the efficiency of the UK Government in processing them.

When the poster above mentioned 9 1/2 weeks ... I smile.png 'ed

My Thai Partner applied in April for her Partner Visa, we are hoping for it by January or February next year.

The Aussie Gov't is giving themselves 12 months to process the application but they seem to be getting through them in 9 1/2 months ... months!

Plus they cost $3,000 + medical and Police Checks etc.

Hope that made you feel not so bad about the UK Settlement Processing Times.

Good Luck Guys ...

• Like 1

Not the first time, David, that I've read that family settlement visa applications for our Antipodean cousins, and those from across the pond, are more complicated, expensive and take longer to process than UK ones.

Best of luck with your application.

• Like 1

Submitted a settlement visa on 22.8.14 only to read the following day on internet forums that my wife's A1 certificate from Bulats at Vantage Siam was no longer accepted..i cancelled the application and requested a refund.... .. i then paid for a KET exam at Vantage Siam on 26th september(after spending about £450 on a prep course and accommodation on the course/prep in April) .....she failed it....cue family visitor visa and i will help her with the exam in England...i know she can take the trinity exam but i will go for the ket exam first..

Cheers...

Edited by elvisp1977

I know that feeling and feel for you both. Tia passed her Bulats in March, a bit ahead of things. Subsequently went on the 3 day prep course followed by loads of home study for KET and failed. She head off for their 2 week cram session on Sunday, fingers crossed..... If not it's visitor visa and Trinity for us.

Pete and Tia

Submitted a settlement visa on 22.8.14 only to read the following day on internet forums that my wife's A1 certificate from Bulats at Vantage Siam was no longer accepted..i cancelled the application and requested a refund.... .. i then paid for a KET exam at Vantage Siam on 26th september(after spending about £450 on a prep course and accommodation on the course/prep in April) .....she failed it....cue family visitor visa and i will help her with the exam in England...i know she can take the trinity exam but i will go for the ket exam first..

Cheers...

It depends on when the BULATS test was taken. If it was before the 30th June 2014, then the certificate ( if passed) is valid until it expires, and is still acceptable now for settlement visa applications.

Tony M

I know that feeling and feel for you both. Tia passed her Bulats in March, a bit ahead of things. Subsequently went on the 3 day prep course followed by loads of home study for KET and failed. She head off for their 2 week cram session on Sunday, fingers crossed..... If not it's visitor visa and Trinity for us.

Pete and Tia

See my post above. The BULATS certificate is still valid for UK settlement visa applications if she passed the test in March.

Tony M