Hand Carry In Or Order From Abroad?

Hey folks as mentioned in another post i plan on buying a d tracker 250 upon my return to thailand now my question is, i can get most of the parts i'm after in the uk, now what are the cosequences if i get stopped in bkk and found with parts, the small parts i'm not too worried about, ie mini indicators tail tidy etc but what if i buy a pipe, just be a slip on type, i would take it out of original packaging etc whats your thoughts??

Also if i decide to order from say the states to get delivered to my address in thailand whats the process as i have never done this before in thailand,, is it along the lines of the uk,, order parts, parts get shipped to thailand, i get letter, go to local post office pay whatever charges and get goods???

Also how long does it usually take to get parts from the states if any of you have done this before??

any help appreciated..

thanks

Rudi...

Hi Rudi; The chances of being stopped at BKK are small, especially if the parts are in your checked in baggage , but do not try to bring shockers or anything containing stored pressure seriously dangerous which you are probably already aware of, As for ordering from the US or another country ; It is as you described already with import duties of 30% (some other members may argue about this amount) + 7% VAT on top, paid at your local post office before you receive the parts . Hope this helps , good luck .......IB1