Organic Fruits And Vegetables In Koh Samui

well the EU cannot decide whats classed as organic and whats not so i doubt a debate on here will. Its impossible to eat 100% organic food, even the oil which is used so commonly here is treated with chemicals whn the crop is being grown, as is the rice. The feed that is fed to chickens and pigs here will be chemically treated before being made into animal food as will be the fish farmed food. i would suspect any seed purchased for organic growth will be dressed with some thing other wise the bugs would eat it. Desication of the crops is widespread to kill the leaves on other crops.

i do beleive the facts show the since WW2 the life expectancy has increased significantly of the UK population, the bread probably came from mecury dressed seed.

In short its darn near impossible to have a truly organic diet or any where near it in Thailand or any where else.

We all seemed to be much healthier than today and the old people seemed to last longer.

You probably were a lot healthier then, people back then did a lot more exercise. Playstation was not yet invented. Your second claim is obviously untrue though, people are living far longer today than they ever have.

Eating vegetables grown in human faeces is incredibly stupid. E.coli is deadly to humans. Most countries will destroy food found to contain significant levels of e. coli contamination. If all the vegetables you ate were boiled (as I would guess most English food was in the immediate post-war era) then you would probably be fine since the boiling kills the bacteria. But if it's on food that you are eating raw, then you are going to become very ill.

We all seemed to be much healthier than today and the old people seemed to last longer.

You probably were a lot healthier then, people back then did a lot more exercise. Playstation was not yet invented. Your second claim is obviously untrue though, people are living far longer today than they ever have.

Eating vegetables grown in human faeces is incredibly stupid. E.coli is deadly to humans. Most countries will destroy food found to contain significant levels of e. coli contamination. If all the vegetables you ate were boiled (as I would guess most English food was in the immediate post-war era) then you would probably be fine since the boiling kills the bacteria. But if it's on food that you are eating raw, then you are going to become very ill.

And yet somehow, a few of us managed to survive to spawn the next generation.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Had a look at the Bang Por Hydroponic farm today, nothing to write home about ! It was all locked up, but looks like they only grow lettuce, how ever i will go back in "office hours" and ask questions.

Regarding people living longer today, you are quite right,but this is generally world wide. I am only talking for one small area of country England, nothing to do with city dwellers of todays drug supported population. Another point, just look at some of the isolated rural areas of Europe and China where people are living into their late 90's without all the help of modern medicines. Both my grand parents lived into their late 90's, father in his 80's and my mother is now 96, great grannie lived to 108 and most of the villagers also had the same longevity.

ydraw........... How about getting some real knowledge on the matter of human waste in the garden.

Read a book.......HUMANURE HANDBOOK by Joseph Jenkins. A best seller, over 45'000 copies sold in USA alone. Download it for $10 !

I used to have a composting toilet in Queensland, tested and approved by CSIRO. E coli undetectable after 56 to 70 days. Commercially humane composted manure can be used after 1 years composting, but not to be cropped in that year.

Just like in grandad's day, COMPOSTING makes it safe.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested, I recently discovered that Big C (maybe Tesco also?) has a variety of produce packaged with the label "Safety Vegetable" and then in smaller type "Safe from chemical residue". That's a good sign, though not sure if that's the same as being fully organic. Probably not, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Edited by dbrisinda