Sightseeing In Phuket

denhan

My parents, myself and my boyfriend are seriously considering travelling to Phuket in 2006. I normally travel to Bali and have been to Phuket once but am not sure of the arrangements regarding sightseeing in Phuket. In Bali we are able to "hire" a driver for the day to show us the sights, is this also something that is normally done in Phuket?

Yes, it is certainly possible. For around 1000 Baht (about 40 USD) you will be able to rent a driver for an entire day to take you around. Although, I would recommend that you specify which attractions you want to see BEFORE the ride. Otherwise he WILL take you to some jewelry shop and EXPECT you to buy something.

Denhan,

You should certainly visit Phuket in 2006. Like in Bali, anything is possible! As mention by Godot, you should however, try to find out what you want to see before going on the sightseeing because otherwise the sightseeing will be limited to batik shops, jewellery shops and other Mart’s catering to the tourist only and paying tee-money to the driver. The dollar amount mention by Godot is fine which should give a reasonable air-conditioned car. The 1000 Baht will only provide for a tuk-tuk, the open air, uncomfortable mini trucks, which are hard to deal with during a whole day’s ride. My recommendation is to deal with the local small travel agencies located everywhere in Phuket and decide on smaller trips to more exciting destinations in and around Phuket.

Cheers...........kandt :o