Taking Something For Granted.

Deserted

Greetings, thai-language.com offers the following words and definitions:

1) ตู่เอา verb - to assume; to assume; take for granted

2) ทึกทัก intransitive verb; to assume; to take for granted

Given that I want to make the following two sentences:

a) Young people take their health for granted.

AND

b ) Married couples sometimes take their partner for granted.

Am I correct in assuming that I should use option one here? I'm a little confused because I don't see how the phrase 'to take for granted' can function as an intransitive verb since their has to be an object, even if that's just the pronoun 'it'. Any help on how I can correctly make sentence a&b would be appreciated.

thanks

Edited by Deserted

a) Young people take their health for granted.

AND

b ) Married couples sometimes take their partner for granted.

I would translate 'take something for granted' in these sentences as 'ไม่เห็นคุณค่า', 'ไม่ใส่ใจ' or 'มองข้ามความสำคัญของ'.

Young people take their health for granted. - คนที่ยังอยู่ในวัยหนุ่มสาว มักมองข้ามความสำคัญของสุขภาพ/มักไม่ใส่ใจในสุขภาพ/มักจะไม่เห็นคุณค่าของสุขภาพที่ดี.

Married couples sometimes take their partner for granted. - คู่แต่งงานบางครั้ง มักไม่เห็นคุณค่าของกันและกัน/มักไม่ใส่ใจในกันและกัน/มักจะมองข้ามความสำคัญของกันและกัน.

A friend gave me this:

if Kai gave me a ride wherever I needed to go and I never said thank you to him. Kai would feel like I was taking him for granted. หากไกขับรถไปส่งผมไม่ว่าผมต้องการไปที่ใดก็ตาม แต่ผมไม่เคยกล่าวขอบคุณสักครั้ง ไกคงรู้สึกว่าผมทึกทักเอาเองว่าเป็นหน้าที่ของไกที่ต้องขับรถมาส่งผม

I also got this from another friend:

1) คนหนุ่มสาวก็ไม่ใส่ใจสุขภาพเท่าที่ควร หรือ ละเลยเรื่องสุขภาพ (young people take .... for granted)

2) คู่สามีภรรยาบางครั้งก็ไม่ค่อยใส่ใจความรู้สึกของคู่ชีวิต (หรือมองว่าคู่ชีวิตของตนเป็นของตาย ไม่ต้องเอาใจใส่กันมาก เพราะยังไงก็รักเราและให้อภัยเรา) (Married couples......)