Border Run By Air Without Border Run?

Some time ago i read something that the Thai immigration at Suvi airport does not check if someone has been really out of Thailand if this someone want just to buy a one way ticket out of Thailand, then goes to Suvi Airport, passing through immigration (out of thailand) with this "out of the country" ticket and then immediately walk to the immigration (into Thailand). Just get the new entry stamp for my Non-Immigrant B Visa.

Will this work?

Would save not only a lot of time...

It could possibly show up on their computer when you departed after they zip your passport.

I have no idea if your plan would work. Sounds a little risky.

Edited by UbonOz

People used to do it all the time at DM and even when Swampy opened but you cannot now go from one section to another. At DM people would check in (hand luggage only), go through passport control then turn around and come back in through immigration, then go to the airline desk and say they felt too ill to travel so needed to change their departure date. Can't do that now I nobody should try IMO.

Entering Thailand again, the immigration officer at arrivals will see immediately that you do not have an entry and exit stamp of another country. It will not work.

Except that a lot of countries do not stamp you in or out. UK, France, Germany etc.

Entering Thailand again, the immigration officer at arrivals will see immediately that you do not have an entry and exit stamp of another country. It will not work.

Except that a lot of countries do not stamp you in or out. UK, France, Germany etc.

Australia, New Zealand....

I don't think immigration will be going through a busy passport looking for exit stamps anyway. How often do they just stamp anywhere they can find space.

It's hard to think of a good reason why this would not work.

It will not work, they will pick this up and will not be amused. If your flight has already left, it will mean more trouble as they will detain you till you have a flight out (paid by yourself).

Immigration at the airport doesn't scan for exit stamps from other countries, although they might be interested to see where you have been. Immigration at land borders will scan for the exit stamp from the neighbouring country you are entering Thailand from.

Australia, New Zealand....

I don't think immigration will be going through a busy passport looking for exit stamps anyway. How often do they just stamp anywhere they can find space.

It's hard to think of a good reason why this would not work.

...and you will be able to pick up some duty free booze and fags!

There was a time, that Immigration (inbound) would like to see the boarding-pass of the inbound-flight.

No word of this at the moment.

Hypothetical: If you leave the country your passport-# will be entered in the Immigration data base. Upon return, let's say 30 minutes, your data will be entered again and the Immigration-officer might notice that you have been "abroad" for a very very short time. Then maybe the question pops-up to see your inbound-boarding-pass.

I wouldn't take the risk.

Why would you take a risk of getting caught pulling off the mentioned stunt just to save the flight time to wherever you have paid for a ticket to and back again. Only way you might save money would be to buy a one way ticket that might nearly as much as a round trip ticket.

Also isn't the OP suggesting an illegal act.

There was a time, that Immigration (inbound) would like to see the boarding-pass of the inbound-flight.

No word of this at the moment.

Hypothetical: If you leave the country your passport-# will be entered in the Immigration data base. Upon return, let's say 30 minutes, your data will be entered again and the Immigration-officer might notice that you have been "abroad" for a very very short time. Then maybe the question pops-up to see your inbound-boarding-pass.

I wouldn't take the risk.

The fact that the database can now show you just "left" is the reason they no longer ask you keep the boarding pass from your arriving flight.

TH

Why would you take a risk of getting caught pulling off the mentioned stunt just to save the flight time to wherever you have paid for a ticket to and back again. Only way you might save money would be to buy a one way ticket that might nearly as much as a round trip ticket.

Also isn't the OP suggesting an illegal act.

One way tickets on budget airlines such as AirAsia are half the cost of return tickets. It's only on full service airlines that one way tickets cost nearly the same as return tickets.

As mentioned this is illegal activity and not up for further discussion on this board - no you can not do this legally and in fact it is closely checked in this world of airline terrorists.