Remember Your Mothers On Mother'S / Mothers' Day

MrBrad

coffee1.gif It's never the wrong time for some Pop Psychology!coffee1.gif

post-37101-0-80726100-1336925588_thumb.j

My research, clinical and personal experiences suggest that there is indeed a causal link between male homosexuality and a close maternal relationship but flows in the opposite direction than what was previously thought. In other words, having a close relationship with your mother doesn't make you gay--being gay makes you closer to your mother.
http://www.psycholog...ecial-closeness

Unbelievable. I had thought that the days of the gay stereotype had long gone, but apparently not - according to your "expert" gays are still a bunch of dress designers and hairdressers:

The young gay males in this study recalled sharing interests in common with their mothers, such as fashion and cooking, and were also sensitive to their feelings. ... more in touch with both the male and female sides of myself ...definitely never interested in sports ... OK with braiding her hair, OK with sewing, OK with cooking-not trying to be very macho ....

No problem at all - my Partner happens to be an excellent and well qualified hair stylist who has been featured as such, receiving awards, in some Thai newspapers.

What I have a problem with is those who apply that stereotype to all gays, as your "expert" did with those in his study.

My comment on "the GLF and large men in skirts" was to illustrate how much "the rest of the western world has moved on" since the days when bearded men in skirts was how many saw "gay liberation" just as they saw women in trousers burning their bras as womens liberation. If you're still stuck in that era that's your problem, not mine.