Diablo 3

spacemunk

I have just bought it. Wow, that was a fast download. Less than 2 hrs for 7+GB in Bangkok is quite good :)

Can't login though, servers full / error 37 so I am beginning to understand the nerdrage.

Ah well, patience.

Basch

I have just bought it. Wow, that was a fast download. Less than 2 hrs for 7+GB in Bangkok is quite good smile.png

Can't login though, servers full / error 37 so I am beginning to understand the nerdrage.

Ah well, patience.

Basch

Updating myself :)

I couldn't login on Asian servers so far. But the US and EUR servers work. US gives me 350ms latency, EUR 450ms. Pretty lame.

I sure hope Asian servers will be better.

Cheers,

Basch

does anyone have a guest pass going spare for this? im interested in playing this, but as i've never played any of the diablo games i'd like to try it before i commit to buying it..

i'm currently in the beta for firefall, so i would be happy to trade it for a firefall beta key, (whenever the developers send out the next wave of friend invites).

I tried the asian servers last night, after getting past the Error 37 (Servers too busy) i rolled my Witch Hunter and then got put in a queue for 20mins, i cant tell you the latency of those servers as i got bored and changed back to the US servers after their "x minutes wait" got to zero and i was still waiting to get in.

Was a bit laggy last night, saw pings going upto 900 occasionally and back down to 200-250. Had a few deaths because of the lag, so that was a bit disappointing. I still dont understand why they dont have an offline option - just make it totaly seperate so you cant port characters between online/offline and let players choose which side they want to go. <sigh>

Blizzard are notorious for troublesome releases, i saw the same with other online games they produced and also they are notorious for releaseing games late, so this is not unexpected :) Give it a week or two and things will settle down :)

I dont appear to have any guest keys on my battle.net account, but as soon as i get some i will post up and offer them out to anyone who is interested.

I've been playing since day 1. It took me 90 mins before I was able to log in, but after that everything was smooth sailing for me. I played a good 6 hours that day without any issues. The next 2 days went quite smoothly as well, but then there was a maintenance, and after that I kept getting disconnected. I thought it was happening to everyone, but after some reading on the forums, I discovered that it was caused by one of the barb skills (whirlwind with heal rune). So, all in all, it has been a good experience so far. Do not listen to all those kids complaining in the forums. The last online game I played was Runes of Magic, and although that was a true Mmorpg, this experience is far superior. If anyone wants to join me, I am a lvl 54 barb on the American server. Name is Swordstance.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Well completed the game this morning (normal mode) with my mage, ended up at lvl31 when i was done. The last boss/fight of the game was a little tricky, but once i figured out my strategy it was actually very easy - the fight lasted about 10mins in the end, which is a real long fight for this game! I think my character died about a dozen times throughout the entire game/campaign... not bad for a mage/wizard. Unsure if i will run again on Nightmare mode or play another class... but time for a bit of SWTOR for the rest of the day :)

can anyone recommend which server would be the best option in the long run?

i have been playing on the euro servers, got one of each character up to level 10 or thereabouts. then the euro server went down yesterday so thought i would test out the other two. i logged on again this evening, euro is hovering around 380-440, although im pretty sure it was lower than this before they crashed, maybe 300-320.

us servers give me around 260-320, for some reason asian servers never seem to drop below 400. should i jump to the us server now or wait for them to sort out the euro ones?

can anyone recommend which server would be the best option in the long run?

i have been playing on the euro servers, got one of each character up to level 10 or thereabouts. then the euro server went down yesterday so thought i would test out the other two. i logged on again this evening, euro is hovering around 380-440, although im pretty sure it was lower than this before they crashed, maybe 300-320.

us servers give me around 260-320, for some reason asian servers never seem to drop below 400. should i jump to the us server now or wait for them to sort out the euro ones?

The Asian servers, no doubt for me. 150ms ping every day in the morning (until the Koreans are out of school and it goes up to 300ms but hey in the long run, 150ms is great and that will happen when the hype goes down a bit).

EUR is bad here for me, 500ms up. US pretty bad too, maybe 400ish. But yeah, the US are better than EUR servers but to have real Asian servers is awesome, finally Blizz did it. On WoW it's still a dream only. SW:TOR with Oz servers takes the crown though in terms of overall latency for me, never goes above 150ms no matter how many people play.

Basch

I completed the game to with a barbarian (how predictable). I liked the game and i went on with the barbarian on nightmare. Wow that makes it harder. Then after a while i started a demon hunter.. good thing was that the blacksmith and the jeweler are then trained already you don't have to upgrade those. That could save tons of money.

Your definately more hardcore then me. I got too many other things to do like work and working out. Plus i get crazy if i really play to much. Happened when i played WOW. But some of my friends are level 60 already too. I did play last night a bit after my work and workout. I like it for when i have nothing else to do.

The graphics are great and im back with the barbarian going up the levels. The other chars just don't suit me.

Yeah I moved into Inferno with my barbarian, at first it was nasty as, but then I upgraded my gear a bit, and can farm Act 1 easily now

However, Act 2 is an insanely big step up. When I first went into it, mobs were hitting me for 20k per hit, had to change my talents and gear around a bit to go for more surviveability (Which has also really helped with farming Act 1). Am going to have another go at Act 2 this week and see if I've brought my gear up enough to be competitive there or not yet.

To help you with going upto nightmare/hell robblok, try visiting the AH, and buy a really high dps weapon, as it's the most important dmg stat, I picked up 600-750 dps weapons from between 100k-350k (I've had around 4 or 5 high dmg weapons as I've upgraded and onsold the old one when I see a bargain). Then make sure you have high hitpoints, I think 20k life is probably a minimum for hell, I can't remember what you'd need on nightmare, but it gives you a guideline (I'm running with around 55k in inferno).

Edit: (And yeah, I think I'm at around 100 hours, have mainly just been playing my barbarian, highest lvl other character is a lvl 15 hardcore barb lolz. As I really do like the play style of a barbarian

Edited by SlyAnimal

Yeah I moved into Inferno with my barbarian, at first it was nasty as, but then I upgraded my gear a bit, and can farm Act 1 easily now

However, Act 2 is an insanely big step up. When I first went into it, mobs were hitting me for 20k per hit, had to change my talents and gear around a bit to go for more surviveability (Which has also really helped with farming Act 1). Am going to have another go at Act 2 this week and see if I've brought my gear up enough to be competitive there or not yet.

To help you with going upto nightmare/hell robblok, try visiting the AH, and buy a really high dps weapon, as it's the most important dmg stat, I picked up 600-750 dps weapons from between 100k-350k (I've had around 4 or 5 high dmg weapons as I've upgraded and onsold the old one when I see a bargain). Then make sure you have high hitpoints, I think 20k life is probably a minimum for hell, I can't remember what you'd need on nightmare, but it gives you a guideline (I'm running with around 55k in inferno).

Edit: (And yeah, I think I'm at around 100 hours, have mainly just been playing my barbarian, highest lvl other character is a lvl 15 hardcore barb lolz. As I really do like the play style of a barbarian

Im enjoying the game, not a problem there just doing it slowly as i have other hobbies too and work. After WOW i decided never to become that crazy again.

I love the barbarian too, anyway i will be playing again tonight after i finished some work.

Where can I buy the DVD? Or is it only download. I am being asked for a copy of it, an official copy, as a present.. Can I simply pay my friend in Malaysia to download it for herself?

I have no idea about any of this.

Thanks

both zest and i27 cdrom were advertising it on their websites around time of release, but im not sure what their current stock status is. i27 has a store on level 4 of mbk, zest has one at siam square, among others. both shops sell genuine copies of the game, not pirate. price was around 2150 baht i think.

that said, i downloaded my copy - its probably the easiest way to do it as you wont have to pay/wait for shipping.

Asian players getting screwed again, since the latest patch there is a reboot loop for Asian servers, Blizz just says this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270834638

Since I can't login to Asia, I have created an alt on the US servers and I gotta say that the lag is pretty good, maybe overall even better than on the Asian servers...at least a steady green bar at 230ms or so. Asia has given me between 130 and 600ms lately, very jumpy.

Can any of you login after the patch?

Basch

Finally got to Inferno level looking for a group to tag along with im just at the start and gear not brilliant but have been playing mostly solo.

Anyone just starting Inferno or willing to come back and give me a hand please add me Stretch#1569

Level 60 DH.

Thanks

I have just bought it. Wow, that was a fast download. Less than 2 hrs for 7+GB in Bangkok is quite good :) Can't login though, servers full / error 37 so I am beginning to understand the nerdrage. Ah well, patience. Basch

What ISP are you using?

I live in an apartment in Chiang Mai with shared True, with speeds of 15gb down. The first week was great, the ping was still kind of high at 200, but at least it was playable. I was able to get two characters into inferno on the Asia servers and the minor lag was only an annoyance, but after the first patch that went out, I have extreme lag issues. Logging in now takes a minute instead of a few seconds, same goes for joining games. Sometimes I'll be stuck on the loading screen for upwards of 5minutes, despite hearing the sounds of having entered. When I do finally get in, there's severe spikes up to 1k+ latency which causes everything on the screen to freeze except for my character, and the game will "rubber band" after a few minutes which makes the game unplayable. I haven't been able to really truly play for 2 weeks now and it's getting frustrating.

I don't think it's the fact the internet is shared, since it was working fine at release and I can still get download speeds of 1.4mb/s through newzbins. Although I believe it's being throttled as the speeds drop down to 100kb/s after a few minutes. But at the same time I've had issues connecting with steam recently and only getting 10kb max download speeds through it as well. The only game I can really play without any issues recently is TF2 (On the days I can log into steam...). Counter strike has really annoying spikes, and I've just covered D3.

So I'm thinking about getting my own independent connection. I was thinking of either 3BB or CAT, does anyone use either of these for gaming? How are your connections? Download speeds? Etc.?

I have just bought it. Wow, that was a fast download. Less than 2 hrs for 7+GB in Bangkok is quite good smile.png Can't login though, servers full / error 37 so I am beginning to understand the nerdrage. Ah well, patience. Basch

What ISP are you using?

I live in an apartment in Chiang Mai with shared True, with speeds of 15gb down. The first week was great, the ping was still kind of high at 200, but at least it was playable. I was able to get two characters into inferno on the Asia servers and the minor lag was only an annoyance, but after the first patch that went out, I have extreme lag issues. Logging in now takes a minute instead of a few seconds, same goes for joining games. Sometimes I'll be stuck on the loading screen for upwards of 5minutes, despite hearing the sounds of having entered. When I do finally get in, there's severe spikes up to 1k+ latency which causes everything on the screen to freeze except for my character, and the game will "rubber band" after a few minutes which makes the game unplayable. I haven't been able to really truly play for 2 weeks now and it's getting frustrating.

I don't think it's the fact the internet is shared, since it was working fine at release and I can still get download speeds of 1.4mb/s through newzbins. Although I believe it's being throttled as the speeds drop down to 100kb/s after a few minutes. But at the same time I've had issues connecting with steam recently and only getting 10kb max download speeds through it as well. The only game I can really play without any issues recently is TF2 (On the days I can log into steam...). Counter strike has really annoying spikes, and I've just covered D3.

So I'm thinking about getting my own independent connection. I was thinking of either 3BB or CAT, does anyone use either of these for gaming? How are your connections? Download speeds? Etc.?

I got 3bb, 9MB/1MB Download / Upload for 900 Baht. Been pretty good. Live in Lad Phrao, Bangkok.

My lag in Diablo 3 on Asian servers depends on the daytime. Mornings around 160ms, later on 330ish. When it gets busy at night in Korea, it can get really bad but that is not distance or ISP, it's just too many people playing it. I usually play my 3rd alt on US when that happens at steady 250ms.

cheers,

Basch