Diablo 3

spacemunk

Can add me as i havent worked out how to add people on Battlenet. Probably due to not playing games on there but have played a few mmporg and also diablo and diablo 2

Stretch#1569

Interested to see how server going to work and be good to have someone else online at same time.

i really hope this can be played offline, whilst i have no real issue with online stuff its nice to know this is a game that can be played even when internet is down...

I didnt read up on this anyway, so i presume this game cannot be played offline, is that true?

i really hope this can be played offline, whilst i have no real issue with online stuff its nice to know this is a game that can be played even when internet is down...

I didnt read up on this anyway, so i presume this game cannot be played offline, is that true?

Can not play Diablo III offline.

If you want to play a game like this offline you should probably get Torchlight 2. Only $20 too, should be coming out very soon, probably within a month or two. Has online too but it is not required.

I am thinking about getting this game. How is the lag when playing on EU and US servers from Thailand?

Is it playable, or will I get "insta killed" all the time because of lag?

I live in Bangkok and I am on the fastest connection from True.

Edited by ricku

Bought a retail copy from I27 at MBK

The game went on sale at 2pm an I was there waiting with everybody else

Installing it now from the DVD thought there may be a hefty patch but I was wrong

Watching intro movie then straight into game :)

I am Bangkokian#1463

I'm playing NOW.

Those of you in Thailand, have you also noticed that the game runs a bit laggy? I expected a better (closer) server for here.

What ISP are you using? (3BB, true, CAT....)

How high is our ping? (good is under 200, reasonable 200-400 and bad over 400)

To check your ping, place your mouse over the small bar like in the image:

post-130451-0-57920000-1337079103_thumb.

Got the game now and been playing my barbarian to lvl 12.

Love the game but DAAAAMN it is laggy when playing online. I get horrible results on both EU and US servers.

I am on 10mbit line from True.

Seriously, Blizz should put up a server in Hong Kong or Singapore. That should cover all of SE-Asia.

Love the game but DAAAAMN it is laggy when playing online. I get horrible results on both EU and US servers.

I am on 10mbit line from True.

Seriously, Blizz should put up a server in Hong Kong or Singapore. That should cover all of SE-Asia.

No lag here so far Level 7 Barb. on 16mg True ADSL us servers.

I played for a few hours last night and i can say i did not experience any lag that i noticed - i didnt know the ping thing so will check tonight when i play.

For me the game runs beautifully smooth, no GFX lag at all even though i ramped up all the settings to highest, the game is fast paced, gorey and great fun. Got my Mage upto lvl11-12 i think.

I dont know what server i am on, what ever was preselected for me when i hit play/create character, so will check tonight as well.

Over all - impressed so far, its the original Diablo with a new paint job and a few extra tweaks. Real pi**er about the only online thing but that wont affect me too often to be honest.

I'm playing now in the americas server. The ping is around 300-400 and I've died a few times on harder bosses because of it.

It's ok, I can still play, but no way to have a character on hardcore mode.

I didn't buy it yet but according to the blizzard forums the asian servers are in Korea or Taiwan(this seems to be not 100% sure though with various rumours).

Also, in-game you can manually choose in which region you wanna play so the best thing would be to try EUR, Asian or US servers separately, compare ping and then start for real.

Also check this

http://us.battle.net...global-play-faq

And here more info about the regional restrictions concerning the real money auction house:

http://sea.battle.ne...regional-access

Would be great to know what latencies you guys get and on which servers it works best.

24 hrs from now I'll probably play it myself anyway though haha, just currently not sure if I wanna use my EU battle.net account and therefore not be able to use the real money auction house in Asia or if I will create a new Asian battle.net account just because of the auction house thingie (which i dun really care about tbh).

I wish Blizzard would have global play like in SW:TOR without any restrictions...

Cheers to MunterHunter and PhuketMan, looks like y'all be playing it also huh? See u in SW:TOR.

Basch

Edited by Basch

Thanks for the links, i was wondering how to change regions... was having a blonde moment... done now.

Fortunatley i only had a lvl17 mage so i didnt lose much.

When i checked latency on the US server, i was getting around 200-250 which i thought was real good, let me check the Asia latency tonight when i get home and play :)

Wayne,

Will be cancelling my Star Wars sub as I just do not play it much.

Will be getting Guild Wars 2 which has no monthly fees (but you can spend money if you want in-game but it is completley optional)

Diablo 3 is awesome and will problably be getting Torchlight 2 when that comes out.