Ubon - Public Notary

phibunmike

Hi all,

For your information...

There is now in Ubon what we in UK call a Public Notary, in Oz I believe is called a JP, and in Thailand is called a Notarial Services Attorney. They can certify signatures and documents. I have used them to certify copies of documents.

His name is Mr. Phisan Phoolsri, telephone 081-8788940 or 045-254411.

His office is inside a temple shop, next to KrungThai bank, on Chayangkun Road near the corner of Chayangkun and Sappasit.

He has been established here since Feb. 2011.

Cheers,

Mike

• 1 month later...

This Ubon lawyer speaks English and will notarise documents.

Mr Chat Wongsingha,

81-83 Srinarong Road, Ubon Ratchathani.

Telephone 045 245545, 045 245546, 045 245547, 081 8766293. Fax 045 245547

Got one document Notarized from this guy and got charged 5000 baht.......is this the going rate.......

Are their stamps/signatures recognised by the institutions that typically require docs to be notorised?

The place I mentioned has stamps/wording/signature that are accepted overseas. I paid about 2000 baht for two single-page documents if I remember correctly.

David and Mike

Further to this, will your respective lawyers provide a Thai to English translation as recognised and approved by the British Embassy. I need to translate my nippers hospital and Amphur Birth Certificates for Passport application.

Thanks

David and Mike

Further to this, will your respective lawyers provide a Thai to English translation as recognised and approved by the British Embassy. I need to translate my nippers hospital and Amphur Birth Certificates for Passport application.

Thanks

They do not do official translations. These must be done at a registered translation school or office. There are several in Ubon.

David and Mike

Thanks

They do not do official translations. These must be done at a registered translation school or office. There are several in Ubon.

Or opposite the British Embassy in Bangkok. There is a small shopping center opposite the embassy (its connected to Ploenchit BTS by a walkway). On the 2nd floor (first floor to us Brits) there are two translation agencies where you can get most things done within a couple of hours. They charge the same, so no point trying to play them off against each other on price. Basic one page stuff costs about 500-700 baht from memory. Yep - see you at the August hashsmile.png

David and Mike

Thanks

Or opposite the British Embassy in Bangkok. There is a small shopping center opposite the embassy (its connected to Ploenchit BTS by a walkway). On the 2nd floor (first floor to us Brits) there are two translation agencies where you can get most things done within a couple of hours. They charge the same, so no point trying to play them off against each other on price. Basic one page stuff costs about 500-700 baht from memory. Yep - see you at the August hashsmile.png

and on the North West corner of Ubon city park/Thung Si Muang, there is a school in/near the itersection, that does translations............smile.png

• 8 years later...

Following up on this 7-year old thread for those that may urgently want documents notarized and are unable to travel to Bangkok. Four years ago I used the services of Mr Phisan who is in the above temple shop. Yesterday, I took a document to him to get notarized. Unfortunately he had let his registration expire. However, he kindly directed me to Mr Chat's office (address above). My document was duly notarized by signing, stamping and a gold seal stuck on it. Mr Chat even used a fountain pen. The charge was 3,000 baht. 

• Like 1