Looking For Stainless Steel Fabrication Place

stevehaigh

i need to have some stair hand rails made up in stainless but not the round tubular type. i want the type that uses solid, flat stainless plates, about 2" wide and 1/4" thick. so i need a place that has the plate bending machine and can do TIG welding. preferably south or central island.

does anyone know a place?

thanks

perhaps they will , but would it not be cheaper to oversize and use steel , treat it with rust proof paint etc .. stainless is expensive ...

Did that over 8 years ago but it still didn't/hasn't stopped the rust, but if I could find a steel guy that can do it right ( cough cough) I can go that route.

I remember originally when I was told stainless would be really expensive, but looking back I should have gone that route and not have to worry about it now.

For stainless steel fabrication, there is a huge work-shop opposite Darasamut school.

on the road that goes into town from the central traffic lights right? i've seem a lot of stainless kitchen stuff there but always assumed they were just selling second hand grills and sinks and stuff. so there's a workshop too? i'll check it out.

For stainless steel fabrication, there is a huge work-shop opposite Darasamut school.

on the road that goes into town from the central traffic lights right? i've seem a lot of stainless kitchen stuff there but always assumed they were just selling second hand grills and sinks and stuff. so there's a workshop too? i'll check it out.

Yes, that's the place. I needed some stainless steel fittings to attach a banister to a wall, which they made from scratch.

They also fitted a stainless steel gas pipe from a gas bottle downstairs up to the gas range on a floor up.

Not cheap, but, good quality work and as I'm sure you're finding out; not many people do this kind of work.

On 402 , about one kilometer toward Phuket town , from Big SuperCheap same side of the road, is are two used furniture / goods store, inside in the back of one, they do custom stuff, very good prices, too.

Edited by StarFighter

as you come along sai yuan from rawai and turn left towards chalong onto viset rd , about 200m on rhs is a fairly new stainless shop looks quite professional

i found this one. they do stainless kitchen stuff out of thin stainless sheets. they said they can make my handrails for me but since he doesn't have the thick plate bending machine i assume he will farm it out to a friend. anyhow, he's coming over to give me a quote, thanks for the tip.

there is a place on jao faa east about 800m south or daorung school on the same side. there is an old guy who is the owner and you can tell right away he's very passionate about engineering. he has a small shop but its impossible to cram any more machines in there. he has 5 lathes, 4 milling machines, about 15 welders, and various assorted metal working machines.

anyhow, he seems to charge a fair price for his work and and sure does great work

Have you thought about Underwood Co. in Bypass road? Run by an Australian guy, they could definitely do the job but are not cheap as most of their stuff is for high end hotels & villas. I guess it depends what sort of finish you want, cheap & cheerful or cool.

Have you thought about Underwood Co. in Bypass road? Run by an Australian guy, they could definitely do the job but are not cheap as most of their stuff is for high end hotels & villas. I guess it depends what sort of finish you want, cheap & cheerful or cool.

the finish will be brushed stainless, i'm pretty confident the guy near Daorung knows what he's doing, i've seen his TIG welds and they look perfect